Friday checkup

Rick A.
on 1/10/08 5:28 pm - Far Northern, CA
Someone suggested before our holiday break that we use Friday's to evaluate our last week. What were your struggles? How did you overcome them? What did you do right and what do you need to work on next week? My Answers: I still struggle with snacking when I am bored. I tried to overcome this by choosing more healthful snacks or at least those with less sugar. What did I do right? I am glad that I have been able to continue my walking regime even though we have had heavy snowfall most of the week. What do I need to work on next week? I need to plan to have healthful snacks at hand so I don't grab the wrong things at the wrong time. I hope you all have a great weekend. LIfe is great, Rick
jennb40
on 1/10/08 7:58 pm - Nashua, NH
Well this past week....I battled an awful cold, fell down on ice...had no appetite whatsoever, did very little exercise - so some good, some bad! The cold is almost gone, had no apparent setback from the fall, and haven't weighed yet, but the lack of appetite has to have worked a bit, but the lack of exercise needs to be addressed! So next week I am heading for: more exercise, starting the 5-day pouch test on Monday, getting totally rid of the cold, and hopefully not falling on the snow with more predicted for Sunday night! Speaking of good snacks..there are some good protein and cereal available at: www.kaysnaturals.com. They have some great protein chips and the cereal is really good. Give it a looksee! Have a great weekend everybody. Barbara
Rick A.
on 1/11/08 2:16 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm glad you are feeling better. Next week will be a new beginning. I am so excited to hear your thoughts on the 5 day pouch test. Have a great weekend, Rick
luckycat1
on 1/11/08 1:21 pm - Cincinnati, OH
my struggle was just getting in enough food. I am just not hungry. it is weird nost days could care less if I ate but I know I need food to live. Still not able to do too much exercise but I am walking more at work. the building I work in is a long L shaped building so walking to the breakroom to get a bottled water is a long haul. I have developed some habits that I recognize as not being healthy when it come to food so I am going to have to address those with a therapist. hav a geat weekend everyone mj
Rick A.
on 1/11/08 5:14 pm - Far Northern, CA
MJ, You have had a rough go of it. I hope 2008 is your year, you are due. Have a great weekend, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 1/15/08 2:16 am - North of Boston, MA
my struggles last week were baked goods! Even though I make them healthy by using whole wheat flour and no real sugar, I still feel like every week I make something (banana bread a few weeks ago, carrot cake muffins last week, oatmeal cake this week), I feel like I snack on it too much and skip out on amounts of protein I should be getting. I finally go back to work tomorrow (half days this week), so hopefully that will get me back to a schedule and I'll stop making so many baked goods!! It sounds like you have a great plan in action to get back on track Rick, and I give you credit for getting those outside walks in during storms, kudoos to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views