WDYET - Tuesday 1/8

~ Stylz ~
on 1/8/08 3:56 am - North of Boston, MA
great to see everyone checking in with their daily menus Have you made a goal for this year having to do with WLS? It doesn't necessarily have to be a resolution if you dont make them, but its almost our second surgiversary have you said... I want to ____________ for myself this year? My goal this year is to eat healthier. I had surgery to lose weight because I couldn't keep it off on my own, now that I've lost I came to the conclusion I want to eat better than I am by eating more whole grains, eat vegetables more often, start eating grass fed meats instead of whats sold in bulk to grocery stores and most importantly, stop eating artificial sweeteners. After the seminar on the cruise about them and then reading a book about how bad they are, I've realized I didn't lose weight to be healthy and then fill my body with all kinds of chemicals that can shorten my life more than being obese, so thats what my mission is. How about you? Have you set goals for your 2008? Let us know heres my day so far.. breakfast - bowl of fiber one cereal with 1/4c. milk lunch - granola with dried fruit and nuts dinner - Rebeka's shrimp salad mmmm snack - piece of fruit vitamins - all in except second calcium water - finished second 32oz bottle, working on my 3rd exercise - all star stretching class on fit tv hows your day going? chime in when you can
BabyRuth2u
on 1/8/08 8:27 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: 4oz LF cottage cheese, 5 pretzel crisps, coffee. Mid morning: Protein shake, 10 almonds. Lunch: Cup of chili, 2 oz chicken breast strips. Mid afternoon: 2 oz chicken breast strips, protein shake, 10 almonds. Gave in to a bag of mini pretzels around 4pm. Dinner: Salad with chicken, veggies, thai dressing. All vitamins in. One round before dinner on the elliptical, going to do more tonight and some of the rider machine with my other exercises. Water: about 33 oz so far, have a bottle ready to go after my 30 mins after dinner. Like you I just want to be sure to be eating healthy this year, making the best choices. Try to lose a few pounds, at least not gain. My surgery got me here and now I want to live here and be the healthiest I can be. Looking forward to Spring and getting back to bike riding. I miss it already!
~ Stylz ~
on 1/8/08 10:42 am - North of Boston, MA
I agree girl, spring cant get here fast enough, the bike's been calling my name
RebekaA
on 1/8/08 9:58 am - Inland Empire, CA
That's funny, I didn't really set any WL related goals this year. That's either really good (it's become 2nd nature) or really bad! lol I feel really comfortable finally with where I am at eating and fitness wise. I am a little worried about hitting the 2 yr mark, b/c of what I've heard about bounce back weight and other issues etc., but in general I feel really blessed with where my head is at. Back on the protein train today... 7am protein coffee 11am: 1 c. Beef/Bean Stew 1pm: apple 1 HB egg 3pm 1 cup Chicken w/ peppers 1/2 cup Cous Cous 6pm 1 cup Shrimp/Mango salad (you posted and made me crave it so i made it today!) vits done water 2 more bottles to go for 90oz exer: 1 mile treadmill. 20 min. weight DVD
~ Stylz ~
on 1/8/08 10:46 am - North of Boston, MA
mmmm we're both enjoying shrimp and mango salad, good stuff! I read the grad board about people gaining after their second year and get worried too, but we have a great support system on our board I honestly think thats why we've all been so successful! I've checked out March boards for previous years and they're ghost towns.. I hope that never happens with our group!
jennb40
on 1/8/08 7:32 pm - Nashua, NH
I was so NOT hungry yesterday - I hate having a cold, but I sure am enjoying the no appetite! Yesterday was not a good food day choice wise for dinner, but very few calories: B - Special K with protein cereal, blueberries and skim milk L - about 1 cup of grilled chicken with cheddar cheese on top D - about 15 Cheeze-Its - just no appetite for food S - handful of cashews 4 bottles of water, 2 medium Dunkin Donut's iced tea, no snacks, no exercise - cold still has me down.
~ Stylz ~
on 1/9/08 9:22 am - North of Boston, MA
Hope the cold is almost gone Barb, sending positive thoughts your way
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/8/08 9:58 pm - My Town, NH
Morning snack: hard boiled egg Breakfast: great grains bagel with peanut butter and sliced banana Mid-morning snack: I gave in yesterday and had about 1/3 cup of almonds Lunch: chef salad with Newman's Light Raspberry walnut dressing Snack: lite applesauce cup and NSA tapioca pudding Dinner: didn't feel well and ate about six saltines and half of an orange Water: 80 ounces Exercise: 30 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes light weights for upper body Vitamins: all in My goal is to lose 15 pounds by November. Not sure it will happen. But I'm going to try. Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 1/9/08 9:29 am - North of Boston, MA
15 pounds by November is definitely obtainable! you've got great motivation and determination, you can do it
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views