WDYET - Friday 1/4

~ Stylz ~
on 1/4/08 3:58 am - North of Boston, MA
today was my 2 week check up.. even the doctor thought it was longer than 2 weeks :\ i dont know what I was expecting, maybe her to say ok you can drop the crutches and run out of here? nope... nothing.. she changed the dressing, said I can change it on my own for the next 3 weeks and she'll see me again then. I said.. can I do anything til then? she said, read a book? rest that foot missy! my only change is that in 2 weeks I can start flexing my big toe manually, holding it for 4-5 seconds, doing that a few times a day, that should subtract TONS of calories huh? lol I stopped at Macy's after my appt, HUGE sale, when I got there the parking lot was layers upon layers of ice, but I went in anyway.. My thought is I'm going back to work in 1.5 weeks, I need to get use to ice on the ground. besides, I can put some weight on my foot so its not like I'm balancing on 2 crutches with no extra support... stopped at the library for a couple books, I guess I'll take her advice! I realized I have a lot of wild salmon in the freezer so I took a packet out and am poking around for recipes, does anyone have a salmon recipe they enjoy? I'm always open for suggestions heres my food day so far.... morning coffee driving to the dr. aaaahhhhhh (dunkins, sf coconut syrup, x-milk) breakfast - 3 peanut butter balls lunch - 2 peanut butter balls and a green apple snack - a slice of cranberry, pecan bread (I bet this would make yummy french toast!) dinner - 3 oz. lemon pepper salmon snack - green apple and peanut butter vitamins - got them in water - working on my second 32 oz bottle exercise - shopping on crutches! So whats everyones weekend plans? anything exciting, getting some exercise in, relaxing from a long week? let us know!
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/4/08 7:42 am - My Town, NH
Hiya! I'm sorry you didn't get free rein from the doctor. I'm sure you still need some healing time! I love salmon so much. I think I just enjoy it baked with lemon juice and dill. It's simple but yummy. I also like it baked, the put it in the fridge and let it get cold before turning it into salmon salad. I make it like tuna salad with celery, onion. boiled eggs and mayo. I love to eat it on lettuce. If you come up with something good, let me know. I'll be over for dinner! Food for the day: Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean oatmeal and sliced banana Morning snack: hard boiled egg Lunch: half of a shredded chicken burrito Afternoon snack: small piece of carrot cake - office birthday Dinner: hamburger patty wrapped in lettuce with pickles and onion Snack: NSA Fudgsicle Water: 54 ounces - need more tonight Vitamins: all in Exercise: nothing today My weekend plans include housework, homework, and work-work. That sounds like a lot of work! UGH! I also intend to hit the gym both Saturday and Sunday with hubby. Keep that foot up and enjoy your books! Did you get anything good to read? Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 1/5/08 12:43 am - North of Boston, MA
Thanks Stephanie, I'm not a fan of tuna in a can at all and would never have thought of making salmon like that! I watched "blane's low carb" on fit tv a few days ago and saw him make salmon with a dijon cream sauce, but I dont have cedar planks, I actually never heard of them til I started watching cooking shows with fish. I'll have to keep my eye open for them in the store! sounds like a busy weekend! Thats great that you and DH are at the gym together try to enjoy a little relaxing time, if not I'll enjoy it for ya I picked up Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (the author of Mystic River), so far so good! heres the recipe if anyones interested Salmon with a Dijon Cream Sauce type size: [A] [A] [A] 1 large filet of salmon - Cut in 6 oz. filets 1/2 cup Dijon mustard 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 tbsp. low carb honey sweetener 2 tbsp. low carb simple syrup(equal parts water and Splenda) 1 tsp. dill weed Rosemary to garnish 2 Cedar Planks- soaked in water overnight Salmon Preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix mustard, mayonnaise, low carb sweetener and dill weed in bowl with wire whip. Place salmon on cutting board skin side down. Remove skin from salmon filets with long sharp slicing knife by carefully running knife between skin and meat of filet starting at tail and slicing to top. Cut filet into 6 portions (fish monger can do this if you like). Make sure all bones are removed. Place filets on cedar planks and coat each with about a tablespoon of Dijon sauce(food safe paint brush is good for this). Garnish with rosemary sprig then bake in 400 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Yields 6 servings - approximately less than one carb per serving ps - anytime you're in my neck of the woods you can stop in for dinner, thats an open invite! have a good weekend
Rick A.
on 1/4/08 11:33 am - Far Northern, CA
DAy 3 Pouch test I really must say I haven't been hungry at all. I guess that's really a good thing. Today I moved on to the canned mean, egg, fish (I don't eat fish) day. Breakfast: cottage cheese - this is allowed Snack: cottage cheese Lunch: tuna, egg salad mix (tuna, egg, a little mayo, cellery seed, relish) Dinner: more tuna/egg salad stuff water: 100 ounces all my vitamins in walked 4 1/2 miles We are once again between storms. There has been a lot of flooding in the area as well as downed trees and power outages etc. It makes it busy at work (I'm a 911 dispatcher). I am scheduled to work another shift tomorrow then have 3 days off, but that is all subject to change with the weather situation. Have a great weekend, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 1/5/08 2:41 am - North of Boston, MA
Only 2 pouch days left Rick! Its great that you haven't been hungry and are back to eating some foods! I'm not a fish eater either, but vowed to try different ones since its so good for you, still a work in progress... Becareful out there in those storms, I heard Northern Cali was getting snow yesterday, hopefully thats not your area (or Rebeka or Laura A) enjoy your weekend!
BabyRuth2u
on 1/4/08 7:53 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I had a not so good food day. Probably the worst I've had in a long time or ever. Breakfast: 4 oz cottage cheese w/ 5 pretzel chips, coffee w/ half&half Mid morning: Protein shake, 10 almonds. Lunch: We had a Steelers playoff tailgate at work. Had 1 hotdog with taste of sourkraut, 2 perogies, tbs coleslaw. Mid afternoon: They had brought in box of mini pretzel bags, ended up eating two of them before afternoon was over, along with 2 cookies. UGH! Dinner: salad with grilled chicken, had the regular stuff in it, lettuce, some tomato, broccli, onion, lf balsamic dressing. Evening: Had a craving for some ice cream and cake. Must have thought it was someone's birthday. LOL Had 2 Slim a Bear klondike bars and a half piece a cake split with hubby. Did about 3 of the 16.0 oz water for the day, and a half a bottle of diet Mountain Dew.
Rick A.
on 1/5/08 1:27 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, Todays a new day, yesterday is history. So you blew it a little bit, we all have at one time or another (okay I know I have). I lift my water up to toast a new day. Bring it on, we can handle it. Take care, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 1/5/08 2:49 am - North of Boston, MA
it happens Ruth Ann, brush yourself off and get back in the fight today! you can do it
~ Stylz ~
on 1/5/08 2:51 am - North of Boston, MA
welcome back and congratulations on making it to onederland!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views