Best WOW to date???

Stephanie Smiles
on 1/3/08 10:50 pm - My Town, NH
Good morning MARCHers! I was reflecting this morning (as I put on my size large sweater that I love!) on just how far this journey has taken us. I started thinking about all of the WOW moments that I've experienced. It made me wonder which WOW moment meant the most to each of you! Share with us your favorite WOW. Of course, the WOWs will continue. We aren't done WOWing the world just yet! Also, I know that for me, there are tons of WOWs that mean a lot to me so it will be difficult to pick just one! Here's one of mine: I remember the first time I actually LIKED a photograph of myself. It was taken in July of 2006. As you can imagine, I've changed even more since then. But that photo sticks in my mind. I remember looking at it and thinking...who is that person??? I've had many more moments of wondering who is in the mirror since then. But that July photo is special because it was the first time I actually started to realize that I truly was getting smaller! Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 1/4/08 3:43 am - Inland Empire, CA
Mine was the first time I realized I had RUN on my own accord. My daughter got away from me on her little bike on our street and I just ran after her without thinking. I had run half a block before I realized it and I was so shocked to find not only that I had run, but that I didn't even FEEL it, i didn't need to stop, i wasn't huffing and puffing. I felt so LIGHT. hugs
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/4/08 7:31 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Rebeka! I bet you did feel light. And feeling light is such a great feeling! I love being surprised in that way. Especially when it takes a minute to realize what just happened. I'm sure your daughter loves that you can be so active with her. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 1/4/08 4:55 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, Great idea for a post. I think my most surprising momement was when I looked in the mirror one day and I was surprised at the slender reflection looking back at me. I thought "no way". It sure felt good to not wince when getting a look at myself in the mirror. Don't tell anyone, but sometime when I look in the mirror after trying on a new pair of pants I think "boy, my butt doesn't look fat in these" Okay, all of you quit laughing now. Have a great day, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/4/08 7:34 am - My Town, NH
No laughing here. Well, perhaps a small giggle or two! That reflection is sure something, isn't it? It's so difficult to adjust to seeing myself in the mirror these days. I hope you have lots of great moments in the mirror! Have a nice weekend. Stay safe in those predicted storms! Hugs, Stephanie
miminjoey
on 1/6/08 8:23 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I know most are thinking my wow would have been when I won Mrs. Humphrey's County, but those people did not know me when I was big so yes that was a HUGE wow..but I my biggest is...when I went to the movies and sat right downin the seat..i actually cried..my hubby thought I'd lost my mind...but without having to turn side ways to fit my hips and rear in the seat I just sat down. So yep, mine was fitting in a chair. Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/6/08 9:55 pm - My Town, NH
Mimi, what a great WOW! I completely understand your tears at easily fitting into a seat. It's so much more enjoyable to go to the movies, out to eat, basically anywhere without having to wonder if we will fit! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs, Stephanie
luckycat1
on 1/7/08 9:09 am - Cincinnati, OH
I have to to share. The funniest happened last weekend. My mom and I went to visit one of her best friends and her middle son who is in med school was helping his baby bro move his stuff out. I have not seen either in a year but talk to them all the time on the phone. When they saw me they kept telling me how great I looked thefunny thing happened when we left. their mom called my mom to telll her how the boys kept going on and on how great I look (note I still can not compliments to well--it's a head thing) and if I was only 19 years younger. I had to laugh and call their mom to remind her they are like little brothers to me and I used to babysit them second wow happened yesterday trying on clothe at coldwater creek. I could fit a small jacket and sweater and the size 10 jeans were lose. if they had spandex I could have gone down to an 8..
robinsaxton
on 1/8/08 4:37 am - Columbia, MD
What a great post to have. Thanks for thinking of this Stephanie. I don't know what my biggest WOW moment has been. There are so many for me and they still continue to happen. I think that one of the top WOW's was when we went to Ocean City, MD and rode the rides on the boardwalk. I fit in every single ride and had room to spare in most of the seats. It was great! I also had tons of energy for the entire day and that felt great too. The only downer to the entire day was we all were very badly sunburned - my husband sustained 2nd degree burns on his legs! But I can hardly wait to go to another amusement park and ride more rides! It was also cool to be able to not only fit in an airplane seat but to cross my legs comfortably! I could go on and on.... I have to mention that it feels REALLY good when my husband hugs me and comments how he can put his arms all the way around me now. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views