I got JIGGY with it!`

jennb40
on 1/2/08 12:24 am - Nashua, NH
I went downstairs this morning and joined the gym at work. Tuesdays and Thursdays I am planning on taking classes - on Tuesday the Step Classes and on Thursday the Aero-pump - a low impact class with hand held weights. I will alternate on Mon, Wed and/or Fri doing the machines. The classes are 45 minutes classes. I don't think I will go 5 days a week because sometimes you just have to do some things at lunch during the day, but I do plan at the very least on the 2 classes. I still want to try and get my 10,000 steps per day in also. I didn't start the 5-day pouch test today - I didn't get my act together and get my stuff organized, but probably will start it next Monday. Are you making any New Year's jiggy resolutions and what are you going to do? Hugs to all...Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 1/2/08 12:42 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning Barb, Good for you! Sounds like a plan to me! I am jiggy with it also today. I made my plan and am sticking to it. I think I might float away here soon though. LOL I've been through 50.7 ounces of water so far and a large coffee already. Normally also I don't feel hungry but for some reason today I keep feeling little hunger twinges. Lunch is only a short time away so I should be ok. I brought a salad with some grilled chicken. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym tonight or not. I guess I shouldnt be indecisive, I should just say I'm doing it, but I just can't at this point. Not been feeling 100% and it's so dang cold out, I'll probably just want to get in the house and stay. LOL We shall see. Have a good day.
jennb40
on 1/2/08 2:19 am - Nashua, NH
Sometimes...well most times...I wish I was rich enough to just "order" my meals and someone would buy all the ingredients, prepare it, and put it in front of me to eat. How nice would that be? I am on my 4th bottle of water which will be a little over 64 ounces so far and the bathroom and I are best friends? Why do we need a gym???!!!! I am glad you are jiggy with it today! Stay focused! Barb
Rick A.
on 1/2/08 1:32 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I started the 5 day pouch test today. I'll let you know how it goes. Good for you for signing up for the classes and still being committed to walking your 10,000 steps. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 1/2/08 2:21 am - Nashua, NH
I can't wait to see how it goes. We had about 5 more inches of snow yesterday and we never left the house. Our local newspaper said we have had 39.9 inches of snow for December alone. So I didn't go and get the milk I needed for my protein shakes and I intended to make some white bean soup and forgot to soak my beans overnight. What a poor planner I am! I can't wait till tomorrow to see how it is going for you - I am right behind you! Barb
~ Stylz ~
on 1/2/08 2:25 am - North of Boston, MA
good for you Barbara, joining the gym is a great idea! what time are the classes, before, after or during work? I'm anxious to ask the hotel next to the college about the pool use. There was an agreement between us for use of gym and pool, but that was many many years ago. Maybe I can beg and plead with them as I hobble on crutches, maybe I'll find a sympathetic ear? probably not but its worth a try. I decided to skip jiggy today, everyone went back to work, the house is quiet again! I had intentions once the plow guy got here to sneak to the mall and return a xmas gift (great exercise crutching around I tell ya), but when I opened the door there was a sheet of ice the length of my car (bf probably did it on purpose because he knew I'd try and go out ). Needless to say, I asked the neighbor to move my car when the plow guy got here, closed the door and watched a couple mindless judge shows on tv... I do have a couple yoga and stretching shows on tivo and will get a little jiggy while doing the stretch show today. congrats again on the gym membership Barb, a step in the right jiggy direction
jennb40
on 1/2/08 7:28 pm - Nashua, NH
They have classes around the lunch time hour. The ones I am going to are from 11:30 to 12:15 - gives you 15 minutes to get cleaned up and go back to work. They also have all the equipment that is available from 6-6 each day. I had planned on going to the first class today, but yesterday started getting a cold and I can't breathe this morning, so I will wait and probably start on Tuesday next week. Tuesday and Thursday are the best classes. I don't like Yoga and that is M-W-F along with cardio-kickboxing. I am not ready for cardio-kickboxing yet! Hope you can get the ok to use the hotel facilities. Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/2/08 5:42 am - My Town, NH
Whoo hooo! I'm so proud of you! Great way to get jiggy with it! I'm determined to lose 15 pounds by November. I'm going to take one pound at a time. I wasn't able to hit the gym this morning due to shoveling snow. Snow shoveling, however, is jiggy exercise for sure! Our snow blower bit the dust so we had to do the manual labor stuff. It's brrrr cold at 5:30 a.m.! Tomorrow will be a gym morning. I've eaten well today. I'm so glad all that tempting holiday stuff is no longer around. It was so difficult to resist. Congrats again on your jiggy decision! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 1/2/08 7:29 pm - Nashua, NH
You will lose 15 pounds by November..I am sure of it! Snow shoveling is no fun..but great exercise! Sure is cold here right now! Take care...Barb
miminjoey
on 1/6/08 8:29 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
well I have started Friday i swam for 2 hours, saturday I hiked 7 miles, tehn walked the stores for 2 hours and swam again that night...sunday I got on the treadmil...today I have to go to work so not sure what i fit in today but it is suppose to be 72 so i'll fit something in....I have laundry to do ...that will be about 10 trips up and down the stairs I have to get and stay at 150 this year...my goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views