Dairy is becoming a BIG problem

tpandk7777
on 12/31/07 5:36 am - London, Canada
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Up until about 3 months ago, I had no problems what so ever drinking or eating milk products. Now all of a sudden I am experencing what can only be called severe dumping. My blood sugar drops, I get the shakes (really bad), my heart starts racing and i feel like a good barf session would help. This can and usually does last for up to 2 or more hours. So what happened? Is this typical and will it pass or am I just not going to be able to handle milk and will I need to stop drinking/eating dairy and increase my calcium intake? Your thoughts would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks, Pam
Rick A.
on 12/31/07 6:34 am - Far Northern, CA
Pamela, I'm sorry for the problems you have been having. I do not have nor have I had any problems with dairy products. It's nice to see another "March" poster. Everyone adds a little to our board and we appreciate you stopping in. Life is great, Rick
miminjoey
on 12/31/07 6:35 am - Fort Bragg, NC
it has been a problem for me since the day I had surgery. Still to this day i can not eat dairy products i tried last night to eat cheese dip and within minutes i was puking my guts up....I would kill to eat a bowl of cereal with milk.
~ Stylz ~
on 12/31/07 9:08 am - North of Boston, MA
this hasn't happened to me, but I get similar symptoms 1.5 hours after I eat foods that are too high in refined carbs (white pasta, rice, bread, chips, pretzles, shredded wheat, etc), it also happens to people who eat sugary foods, 1.5-2 hrs later their blood sugar drops. after finding a post on the grads board, I found it was called Reactive Hypoglycemia. heres my post on the grads board if you wanted to compare symptoms http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/a,messageboard/board_id,5491/cat_id,5091/topic _id,3453812/action,replies/ good luck and hope you feel better soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views