New Years Eve

jannineh99
on 12/27/07 10:02 pm - Melrose, MA
Hey there everyone...post surgery...I would have had no problem with my menu choice for New Years Eve...it has always been Chineese food...last year we did that and I got so sick from dumping my DH told me I was never allowed to eat it again...so here is my question...what are all of you doing for your New Years Eve menu...I will be having a few people over my house...I do not like going out rather be safe and sound and toasty warm with my friends and family...thanks for anyone who posts Jannine 357/157/TT
~ Stylz ~
on 12/28/07 5:46 am - North of Boston, MA
we had chinese food for xmas eve, I think the first time I've eaten a good portion of it since surgery), I'm SO glad its gone!! I stayed away from things with sweet glazes like teriyaki, spareribs and chicken wings. Instead I ate the greasy fattening things like chicken fingers, crab rangoon and fried shrimp uughhhh.. It didn't make me sick, but it sure made me think about the post op days when I would eat that stuff once a week! We're having a small get together at bf's house since I'm not allowed to go out for the next few days (bf's orders after the dr. yelled at me today for "overdoing it" ). I'm going to make turkey kielbasa with (12oz sf apricot preserves, 1" grated ginger (or 1tsp ginger powder), 2 minced garlic cloves and 8oz teriyaki sauce) slice teriyaki into a crockpot with the rest of the ingredients, cook covered on low I found the NY Style bagel chips (they sell in bags by the deli) now come in multi grain and they're yummy! I bought some boursin garlic spread cheese spread on the cracker, making ****tail sauce (Laura Arnold's recipe - sf ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish) and layering a shrimp on top of it. I've also seen about 3 shows on food tv this week making a white bean spread that looks so good (and full of protein) so I figured why not! 2 cans white beans drained, 2 Tbsp roasted garlic, 3 Tbsp EVOO, 3 Tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper, puree until smooth, serve with veggies or some whole wheat crackers
jannineh99
on 12/28/07 5:59 am - Melrose, MA
Ok...now that you have me drooling...lol those sound awsome.....and wicked easy especially since I have most of the ingredients and the crock pot is empty and have magic bullet...gonna pop on over to the food tv see what they have next...thanks for the suggestions and recipes.... Jannine
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/28/07 9:44 am - My Town, NH
Jannine, how about making your own Chinese food? I've been doing stir-frys since surgery and I love them. My favorite is shrimp and asparagus. I heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic and asaragus that's been cut up into pieces. I sautee that and then add the shrimp and lite soy sauce. Right before serving, I add cashews for a little crunch. When entertaining, I've served it over brown rice but I like it without rice too. I've even made my own fried rice by stir-frying leftover brown rice and adding peas or other veggies and a scrambled egg. I think our New Year's menu will consist of a nice steak on the grill, a sweet potato (it's amazing how my hubby and I now split one small sweet potato instead of each eating a large one!), and veggies. Here's to a healthy New Year's eve! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 12/30/07 8:08 pm - Nashua, NH
Hope your steak is on an inside grill! It would take a snow plow to get the snow off of ours outside...although a grilled steak sounds yummy!!!! Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views