Don't fall into these traps

Rick A.
on 12/28/07 12:28 am - Far Northern, CA
I stole this from another board. I hope none of us try to use the excuses below to explain our lack of total success. I think our commitment to each other and the support we have received have kept most of us out of these traps. 1. Assume you are different, and what works for the successful people doesn't or won't work for you. 2. Make excuses. For everything. Tell everyone you know how your predicament isn't your fault. 3. Don't exercise. You are a busy person and don't have time. Besides, you hate it. 4. End every excuse-filled sentence with "I must be doing something right, I'm still losing weight." 5. Test the limits of your surgery. Overeat. Graze. 6. Eat sugar. You can get used to a little nausea. 7. Eat bread, rice, potatoes & pasta. You shouldn't have to deprive yourself of anything. 8. Fall for the packaging and advertising gimmicks. "All natural" means it's good for me, right? 9. Whine. Think and talk about all the things you have to give up. Dwell on them. 10. Take the cheapest vitamins you can find. Stop taking them after a year because you are tired of the routine. 11. Don't follow any advice or directions from your surgeon or anyone else. You know best. 12. Eat that holiday candy. It would be a shame for it to go to waste. 13. Don't use your pouch. Try diet pills instead. 14. Forget protein. It tastes bad. Bring on the sandwiches! 15. Don't educate yourself. Just follow your doctors blindly. 16. Drink soda. Preferably with meals. It's just too hard not to drink something for that half hour three times a day. 17. Smoke. You're an adult and you have that right. 18. Eat everything offered to you when visiting others. You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. 19. Drink alcohol. Daily. You have earned the right to enjoy yourself. 20. Be content with losing 50% of your excess. Losing the other 50% is too much work, and you didn't do this to have to be on a diet for the rest of your life.
jennb40
on 12/28/07 2:13 am - Nashua, NH
WOW...a lot of excuses...huh?!!!! That one about taking diet pills scares me...I can't imagine what diet pills would do to our insides!!! Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 12/28/07 5:49 am - North of Boston, MA
I agree with you completely Rick, our togetherness on the March board has helped us all get to where we are and where we need to be! We're each others support group, our own family, I wouldn't want it anyother way
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/28/07 9:47 am - My Town, NH
Thanks for these reminders! Most of these seem to relate to accountability. It's so easy to justify/make excuses for behavior. I think it's tougher to do that when you are accountable to yourself or someone else. That's one of the reasons I love this board. Even when I mess up, I know that others are here to support me and push me back onto the right track. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views