OK - getting jiggy with it!!!

jennb40
on 12/26/07 1:47 am - Nashua, NH
2008 I am GOING TO GET TO GOAL....it probably won't be by my surgery date, but I am going to do it! I have come too far to go backwards. Unfortunately the scales tell me I have gained a little weight over the past few weeks -about 7 pounds - which is RIDICULOUS. If I was at goal...maybe that wouldn't be the worse case scenario, but now I need 47 pounds to get to goal. So I have decided on January 2 to start the 5-day pouch diet. That is a Wednesday, which means the good eating days (4 & 5 would be on Saturday and Sunday). Who would like to join me? You can find instructions at 5daypouchtest.com. I have been reading the WLS Grads board and a bunch of those people will be starting on Jan 2. Anybody interested? Hugs to all...Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 12/26/07 2:20 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Barb, I hope your holiday has been good. I am with you on getting back on track. I had a decent past few days. I did get a few pounds back on the scale over the holiday, but that is ok. I know that I did not over eat. I did have some cookies, snacked on this or that, nothing over done. But, what I did not do, or was not able to maintain (that I started last week) was getting in enough water and two protein shakes a day and sure enough a few pounds came back. I'm thinking I or perhaps we as a whole really do not realize how important those two things (water and protein are to us as wls people). They do make the difference. So, as of today I am right back at it. I've had my cottage cheese for breakfast, a protein shake mid morning with some almonds and for lunch I had salad and a small bowl of soup. I'll do another shake later and plan on a salad with chicken for dinner. Last week doing these things got me back to that 169 and I don't see why it can't happen again this week. I think we need to live water and protein and let the rest fall in as it may. The days of not eating, drinking just liquids, or eating a very small amount are not realistic. It's about making good choices and adding in those two important factors, along with the third most important one of exercise. I don't plan on the 5 day pouch test, the last time I tried that I got headaches all day on day one. I guess if I could make it past day one it may get better. But I think the healthy choices + water + protein and exercise will work for me. That's what I'm going to do. I'm with you on getting back on track. I know I can lose those 15lbs I'd love to lose. So here's to the new year ( a little early, no time like the present!! ) Getting to goal is attainable by everyone here. I know what you can all do. So get geared up and let's rock and roll Marchers!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/26/07 3:25 am - My Town, NH
I'm getting jiggy too! My "jiggy" will be in the form of exercise. I've been to the gym Saturday, Sunday, Monday and am headed this afternoon. I've also signed up again for spinning twice a week and that will begin January 15th. I have a smaller goal for myself of 15 pounds by October 31st. I'm also going to begin tracking my weight again weekly in order to see progress. Another thing I'm going to do is add protein. When I upped my protein to prepare for plastics, I lost weight. So I'm going to add that boiled egg in and try to eliminate some of the excess carbs I've been taking in. I'll still have some whole grains each day, but I won't add extra carbs to my intake. I'm ready to work on these 15 pounds that need to leave my body! We can all work toward our goals. I know we can achieve them with the help of our MARCHer family! Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 12/26/07 3:52 am - KS
Barbara, I am with YOU! I will be getting "JIGGY" with it! I have about 7-10 pounds left to go and I WILL get to gaol in 2008! Thanks for the boost Amy I
miminjoey
on 12/26/07 9:30 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Hey lady! I want you to know I am such a hater right now ... damn girl you look so good! You have done such an amazing job. I wish I could brag about size 4... well I don't know since I am 5' 9" but I sure would be happy if all my clothes were either 6 or 8...and not this range of 5 to 13...is that not the most insane thing??? What i wouldn't give for manufactures to make sizes universal...so that an 8 at old navy is an 8 at wal-mart and at the Gap. so got off track there Anyway...you look AMAZING! Mimi
Amy I.
on 12/27/07 9:01 am - KS
Don't be a HATER! You look great and I could only wish that this short and stubby body was 5'9". But NO, I am stuck at 5'5". I too wish that 4 was a 4 for everything! But I do average 4-6 in about every brand. THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS Amy I
Rick A.
on 12/26/07 4:16 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm not sure what getting "jiggy" means, but I'm in. I'm sorry to hate to admit, but, ah, I ah sorta gained about 10 pounds the last month. I have really enjoyed the food of the holidays and it's time to get back on track. Once again, thanks for the motivation. Life is great, Rick
miminjoey
on 12/26/07 9:18 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
PLEASE SIGN ME UP!!!!! I have gone from 153 to 158 since hubby has been here...all i seem to do is eat crap! i mean junk even my sister is like what are you doing...i have spent more days bent over the toilet puking my guts up in the last week then I have in the last 2 months! I am trying to get to 150 NOT 160! I am like you if I was at goal it'd be one thing but I am not...well actually my goal was 167 but since I realized my doctor's goal was actually realistic i thought I'd go for it. So I there with ya...I'll have to read how the diet it works hope you had a great christmas and have an even better new year!
~ Stylz ~
on 12/26/07 11:56 pm - North of Boston, MA
I'm in too! not for the weight loss, but I want to eat healthier than I am!! You know how I feel about those crazy crash diets that post-ops make up, so I ditto what Ruth Ann says, becareful girl and if you start feeling woozie, add some foods! I've been eating so bad for the past couple weeks, a lot of bad choices (yesterday I had a few steak tips for lunch with a couple onion rings and fries). It seems like the fried foods are coming into contact more and more. I still eat small amounts, but I think because of it, I graze more (eating every 2 hours instead of 3), now that I'm not getting exercise, it worries me the scale is going to start going up and up! I've been reading all kinds of healthy food books and do plan to change my eating in January so this will be a great help!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views