Holiday gift to yourself?

BabyRuth2u
on 12/23/07 9:43 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
This year my gift to me is to not gain any weight over the holidays! It was really good posting the other day, earlier in the week. It did help me to feel better and involved. I guess DH can be right.... sometimes. ;) Earlier in the week I decided that I did not want to go from the bounce of 171 to 176 anymore, and to find myself before I know it at 180. So I did two basic things. I started drinking more water and upped my protein shake back to two a day instead of the one a day I was doing. And in a matter of 3 days I went back to 169. What a Christmas present!! I guess the effects of all tha****er do what they are supposed to! Though it does keep you on the run. LOL And protein is way more important that I remember! So, over the weekend I have been trying to stick to that plan and it's working. I'm teetering now from 169 to 170 and have been staying there since Friday. It feels so good. I have been in this teeter mode for almost 4 months now and thought that was it and I couldn't lose anymore without starving. I don't eat bad, I make good choices with a few "normal" variances like anyone would do. But I guess I needed the water and good whey protein in my system. I keep telling myself I don't want to gain over the holidays and just keep thinking before I eat. I'm not going to deprive myself and not have a cookie etc. But I won't eat 4 or 5 of them in a day. I'm looking to the new year and getting back to regular exercise and getting off these (at least) last 15 lbs. I did have a nice moment this weekend when my nephew who had been away in the Army told me I looked amazing and then looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to lose another 15 lbs. He's like 15????? Like that was not needed or too much to lose. LOL I did get alot of comments on how I looked also from my sister in laws family who I don't see much. Her much said I keep getting skinnier and skinnier each time she sees me. So "Me" is my gift to myself this year. I have to think about me, what I want and what I need to do. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and has a wonderful Christmas.
Rick A.
on 12/23/07 11:11 pm - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, I am so glad to see you posting and happy with yourself. I am proud of you for remembering what worked and going back to basics. Unfortunately I have been bouncing aroud with my weight lately also. My lowest was 175 and I told myself that I would not worry if I went up or down 5 pounds from there. This last month I have bounced up to 184 and I really don't like it. I am eating too much of all of the wrong kinds of foods. I am not going to beat myself up too much until after tomorrow and then I WILL get back on the program. You are such an inspiration to me. Merry Christmas, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/24/07 6:00 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, I'm so proud of you for taking steps to keep on losing! Way to go! And, giving yourself "you" this year is the very best gift I can think of. Enjoy your Christmas! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 12/26/07 1:50 am - Nashua, NH
I had a wonderful Christmas - thank you! Hope you did too. My gift to myself for 2008 is to "get to goal". Starting on Jan 2 I am going to do the 5-day pouch test...you can read about it at 5daypouchtest.com I have just got to get to my goal or at least so close I won't know the difference! I am also joining the gym at work this week - and I just know you are going to keep us motivated! It is so good to see you back on here posting! Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 12/26/07 11:49 pm - North of Boston, MA
a great gift for yourself Ruth Ann! Glad to see you're back
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!