Here's a question for you.

BabyRuth2u
on 12/19/07 9:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Is it just me, or does anyone else walking around calling themselves fat all the time?? I'll look in the mirror and say to myself, look how fat you are. Or I think during the day, I'm so fat. Someone will say to me, Hi skinny (those who knew me before surgery, brother has said this a few times) and I'll think to myself, or comment I'm not skinny, I'm fat. Geez, I never at 350 lbs called myself fat, or thought of myself as a fat person. I knew I was fat, big etc. But I was me, and I was ok overall with me, I didn't low self esteem, I was proud of the way i took care of myself etc. But now all I can think about is how fat I am and that I need to lose more weight. I will sometimes walk by my reflection and think to myself. Hmmm, I'm not that big, I'm kind of normal size, I'm not fat. Why can't i see it all the time? Or at least see me as how I am? I hate to say it, but yes I am still fat. I'm not thin by far. But I guess I do look pretty decent, normal, acceptable to society, not looked upon as obese. But I can't help but thinking that people are looking at me and seeing a fat person. And, I now view myself most of the time as fat. UGH, does this surgery make you insane? I'm thinking so!! LOL Don't mind me, just the ramblings of a woman losing her mind I think.
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/19/07 9:58 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, you're not losing your mind. My husband took pictures of me with our cats in front of the tree the other day. All I could think of was how fat I looked in those photos. I don't know if it was the way I was sitting or what. But I think I look fat in them. I never used the word fat to describe myself either at 350 pounds. I never used obese or other descriptive words. What's weird is that I'm still classified as obese now and I use that word all the time to describe myself. Why is that??? I'm certainly less obese at 201 pounds than I was at 350. Why is it okay to call myself obese now, but it wasn't at 350??? Other times, I look in the mirror and think I might be getting near to a normal size. If you figure out the answer to this issue, please let me know!!!! I'd love to have some insight! By the way, I certainly don't see a fat person when I look at pictures of you! For some reason, "fat" images seem to reside only in our own minds. Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 12/19/07 12:38 pm - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, First of all, I'm glad to see you back with us. Secondly, All I see with both of you two beautiful woman. I don't see you as being fat or obese. Maybe I feel as though I have seen the person within you, but even if I hadn't I would still consider both of you attractive women. Okay, enough deserved flattery, now I have to go tell my wife that she is the fairest of them all. Glad to have you back Ruth Ann, Merry Christmas, Rick P.S. if you look back at a few of the older posts you will see that you were mentioned as one of the ones for the "Women of March" calander.
jennb40
on 12/19/07 7:48 pm - Nashua, NH
I expect no matter how 'skinny' we may ultimately get..we will probably always think of ourselves as fat. It has been a life long habit and it won't be easy to break. Since I am the oldest of the MARCHers..in my lifetime I will probably never think differently. But I have spent many years trying to do things that brought happiness to others and myself by doing them and I don't seem to beat myself up lingering on my body appearance. Psychological ploy I guess! We aren't yet even 2 years out and only a few months for some people at being at goal and some of us are not at goal and it will take time I expect to change our perceptions of ourselves. So glad to see one of our MARCHer "calendar girls" on the boards again. We have all missed you. I really need you to get me fired up for more exercise. I was on a roll when you were posting before and your were so helpful! Hugs to the ramblings of a woman losing her mind and her body (in a good way)!!!! Barbara
luckycat1
on 12/20/07 1:04 pm - Cincinnati, OH
you are not alone. I was complaining yesterday about how fat I was. I had a pair of cords on that were too big but I swear when I sat down I saw my old big thighs and huge stomach. My mom took me to red lobster and I was afraid I could not fit in the booth they seated us because I felt so fat. I am thinking I might seek some theraphy next year because I see some head issues that I am devloping that are scaring me. happy holidays! mj
miminjoey
on 12/20/07 10:13 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
OMG....I swear i just wrote this....If I hear one more time you are so skinny I am going to SCREAM!!!! Mainly because I am just a tad skinnier now then I was in highschool...in highschool I weighed 167 and wore a 9 I was the fat girl..today i weigh 155 wear a size 7/9 and I am skinny... how is that even possible? have they even seen these huge legs of mine? i still can not wear a pair of boots because my calf's are so big. I found the cutest pants the other day and my sister insisted i buy them beause she knew I loved them...you can get in them...yeah ok they are size 4! and sure enough I could just zip them but couldn't hook them...she's like well when you have that skin taken off they will fit great...ok I know in my head the fact that i can even squeeze my butt into a 4 says i am average..but all i saw was i couldn't hook the darn things. I knew I was big when I weighed 300+ pounds but I knew who I was too and I liked me...now All I see is some chick everyone knows use to be fat and she took teh easy way out andnow look at all that skin hanigng off her...Ik now having this was a good thing...but wow who knew we'd have so many mental issues to go with it...anyone got a xanax LOL!!! love you guys!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views