MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 12/17/07 7:39 pm - Nashua, NH
Happiness can be defined, in part at least, as the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually.....Stephen Covey So we do a little sacrificing now for what we ultimately want....a smaller body and better health. I suppose some of us think we have been sacrificing for almost 2 years, but have we really???? I think we have sacrificed somewhat - maybe some of you think you have sacrificed more than others...but that desire to get where we want to be has to be worth some sacrifice? Lord knows we didn't do alot of sacrificing on food prior to March 2006!!!! So I think we all have to sacrifice a bit more and perhaps forever to maintain, get to goal and stay there. But aren't the sacrifices worth the prize? I think so. So if you call sacrificing - taking your vitamins, drinking your water, exercising daily and eating more protein - then guess what? SACRIFICE!!!!! I did not sacrifice too much last night. We ate out at Chilis and even though my dinner was the "right stuff" - hubby's dinner came with the molten fudge cake. I made a STUPID mistake and had about 5 bites - and boy did I sacrifice/suffer for the next couple of hours. Won't make that mistake again!!! I would have been far better off to have sacrificed the temptation/desire than suffer through a couple of hours of torture!!! Anyway, I think our ultimate happiness depends on some sacrifice...so sacrifice for yourself today and tomorrow! Hugs to all...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/17/07 10:50 pm - My Town, NH
YIKES! I know how tempting that molten fudge cake stuff is. Unfortunately, five or six bites wouldn't have made me sick. I kind of wish my pouch reacted that strongly to sugar. I think I could probably eat half of it and be fine. (not that I've tried!) It was always difficult for me to understand that what I put in my mouth affected my weight tomorrow or even next week or next month. I think I get that concept now. I can definitely see the difference in the scale when I eat well and when I don't. I plan on going back to the gym soon. I can at least use the eliptical (without the arms) and the treadmill. I should be able to do some leg work as well. Hubby is getting workout clothes and a 3-month gym membership for Christmas. It should be fun to workout together on the weekends and I'll get back into my morning routine. It's tough when it's below zero at 5:30 a.m. but if I don't go in the morning...I won't go! Happy Tuesday! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 12/18/07 1:56 am - Nashua, NH
Did you go buy a vitamin tote for the week????!!!!! I have had bites of sugar before and nothing happened, but last night...I wish I could have "puked" but ahhh no...that would have been too easy. It was probably a good thing to have to suffer because I will think long and hard about doing that again! I just don't think I could do 5:30 am in the freezing cold at the gym...but I leave at 5 to get to work by 6 anyway, so that is out of the question. Just walking around outside at lunch on the slippery sidewalks in Boston is about to do me in! I may be joining the gym in my building after Christmas and go down there for lunch everyday. Sure should smell good the rest of the day! I hope Pete is going to love those work out clothes and gym membership!!!! Take care Stephanie...Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/18/07 9:53 pm - My Town, NH
I do have a container for my vitamins that is divided into days. My issue is remembering to fill it on Sundays!!!! Once I do that, I'm good. Thus far I'm 100% for the week! It sure is more difficult to walk outside in the winter. I don't blame you for being wary of those slippery sidewalks! That's why Pete wanted a gym membership. He usually walks outside in the good weather. We'll see if he likes it and once spring finally arrives, he can go back to walking outside. Have a great day! Hugs, Stephanie P.S. Loved the pictures of the pugs...they are the cutest!
Rick A.
on 12/18/07 12:04 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, How sweet would the prize have been if it did not come with some sacrafice? I'm glad to sacrafice a little each day to maintain the better health I have received. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views