What are you wearing???

Stephanie Smiles
on 12/10/07 11:55 pm - My Town, NH
Lately, I've so enjoyed wearing different kinds of clothes and shoes that I could never wear before. For instance, today I am wearing a navy blue pants suit. The jacket button even buttons!!! I feel like I look good in it and when I looked in the mirror today, I felt somewhat normal. It's so weird to feel that way! Anyhow, tell us about something you can wear now that you couldn't, or wouldn't, before losing weight. What do you enjoy about clothes these days? Please share! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 12/11/07 12:14 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, I realize this isn't much of a post for a guy, but I'm going to answer anyway. I like to wear loud Hawaiian shirts. I don't care if it calls attention to me. I think they are cheerful and it brightens my day. At work I have to wear a uniform. It is a pullover shirt in a solid color and black pants. When I work on a holiday we can wear "street clothes" and the people I work with can't wait to see what I will be wearing. I wear shirts with dragons on them or shirts with flames. Maybe they are laughing at me behind my back, but I'm loving every minute of it. Thanks for letting me share, Take care, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/11/07 12:20 am - My Town, NH
Rick, this is absolutely a guy or girl post! And, I'm so glad you answered. I think it's great that you are enjoying Hawaiian shirts. They are such fun and express your personality so well. I don't think your co-workers are laughing at you. I think they are jealous! Perhaps they can't pull off Hawaiian shirts as well as you can. Thanks for sharing with "the girls"! Hugs, Stephanie
Sheila A.
on 12/11/07 12:50 am - Thermal, CA
I wear Heels! All the time, I never could before. It was hard to find nice shoes that even fit. I love wearing my strappy sandals or my heeled boots. I even wear heels with my jeans most of the time. Before surgery I was wearing an 8 1/2 and sometimes a 9, now I am wearing 7 1/2. I feel like I over dress always, I love wearing jewlery, especially necklaces, because I couldn't for so long and was always so self conscious. It just feels great to be comfortable in your own skin. xoxoxo, Sheila
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/11/07 1:07 am - My Town, NH
You go girl in those heels!!! I could never wear heels before either. I wore my brown boots yesterday and thought to myself, I wonder how high these heels are. I figured they were most likely an inch or so. Imagine my shock when I measured and they were two and a half inches!!! I never would have worn that high of a heel before. Such fun. I suddenly love jewlery too. I had to graduate to a larger jewlery box for all of my necklaces, bracelets and earrings. You're absulutely correct. It does feel wonderful to be comfortable and to wear things that you can enjoy! Keep enjoying those strappy sandals and high heel shoes and boots! Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 12/13/07 9:03 pm - KS
Stephanie, I am loving SHOPPING! I got a job outside of the house for the first time in 10 yrs. I wear heels everyday even on casual Friday.It's amazing what you can find on the sell racks in a size 4! I was missing out on soooooooo much . I bought a pair of stelleto's. WOW! They are HIGH, but I wear them with pride! Thanks for asking AmyI
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/13/07 10:10 pm - My Town, NH
Amy! It's so great to hear from you! I can so relate. Shopping is the best! I love it! Congratulations on your job. You must feel so good in those heels! Stillettos! WOW! I'm glad you wear them with pride. You should be very, very proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views