Walkers Roll Call: Week 9

~ Stylz ~
on 12/3/07 2:07 am - North of Boston, MA
Sorry I wasn't around and didn't post our map, it was a stressful weekend A friends husband ended up with a staph infection in the spring, was admitted to the hospital and after the bills piled up they fell behind and are about to lose their house. BF and I spent the weekend to help out with packing, just a sad situation especially this time of year.. Our added miles last week got us ahead of Denver and in a town called Idaho Springs Colorado! here we are on the map http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/9234421/16931981/291375927.jpg lets see where last weeks miles bring us, post your miles here so we can keep heading west to California before the end of the year! I love my new treadmill it really helps with impact. My weekend wasn't full of walking, we did go for a short walk Friday and helped with the move over the weekend. When we got back on Sunday I walked 3 miles on the treadmill (running about a half mile of it, hope to keep improving it). let us know how you did for the week, every bit helps!!
Rick A.
on 12/3/07 5:41 am - Far Northern, CA
Sorry guys, not a great week for walking. I got in 23.5 miles. I spent a day helping a brother on a house he is building and was too pooped to walk and then we had a lot of company this week. Okay, enough excuses. We'll be in California in no time at all. (wait I already am, I'm just waiting for the rest of you.) Have a great week, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/3/07 6:06 am - My Town, NH
Well, I was much more active this week than the previous 3 weeks. That's not saying much though! But in the spirit of "every little bit helps" I'll contribute my paltry 10.5 miles to the total. I hope to walk more and more in the weeks ahead! Hugs, Stephanie
jannineh99
on 12/3/07 8:10 am - Melrose, MA
I got my 40 in this week....whewwww did not think I was gonna get that...but did some Christmas Shopping on the weekend and lots of stuff this week.... Jannine
jennb40
on 12/3/07 7:27 pm - Nashua, NH
I had 24 miles last week...should have done better. I even have my new pedometer - bought 2 of them as I am sure to lose another one! I need some hot air in California after our big snowfall yesterday!!! Take care surgery buddy - I will try to call you today! Barb
Rick A.
on 12/3/07 10:23 pm - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm sorry, but the only hot air in California is me. Yesterday we had 60 mile per hour winds and rain and snow. There is suppose to be a bigger storm moving in with 15 to 20 foot higher then normal waves on the coast. It has been quite blustery. Take care, Rick
layddi
on 12/3/07 11:29 pm - Pico Rivera, CA
My report for this week is 31 miles. You know I've been doing well for the past 3 to 4 weeks, but I weighed my self this morning, and I gained 6pounds!! How can this be!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/3/07 11:45 pm - My Town, NH
Di, don't give up! The scale can play mean tricks on us. If you haven't changed your diet in the last 3 or 4 weeks, then I predict that the scale will move downward again. I can easily fluctuate five pounds in any given week! Hugs, Stephanie
miminjoey
on 12/4/07 5:31 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I had my great niece most of the week so did not do a lot of walking..did do laundry and walk the dog that was way too many trips up and down the stairs....15 stairs and it was 15 round trips it was like stair master that day...saturday I went dancing from 9 to 2..had so much fun...other then that no real extra walking to count.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views