Dreams and accomplishments

Rick A.
on 11/28/07 12:20 pm - Far Northern, CA
When we all started this journey more then 20 months ago we had things we wanted to accomplish. For me I wanted to be able to feel that I had a future. I was no longer going to be held back by my weight. I had the surgery to better my health, but I have had so many other benefits that I had not dared to hope for. I can now walk as long as I want without my feet burning with pain. There are fewer limitations in my daily life. What I would like to know is what are you doing now that you couldn't or wouldn't do before surgery and what is still yet to come? What are your dreams? As previously mentioned I can walk up a storm now. I don't get out of breath, I don't sweat, I can buy whatever clothes I want to, not just what is available in my size. I think I am happier. I have hope for a future. My dreams - I have always wanted to ride in a helicopter (and not have it be on the way to the cardiac unit). I have been on a few trips where people could ride in a site seeing helicopter, but there were always weight restrictions that I haven't been able to meet in over 30 years. I might want to try parasailing. If I am brave enough. Every year my weight loss program has a huge event called the "extravaganza" they have motivational talks, raffle prizes, food items to try and a fashion show. I want to be in the fashion show wearing a tuxedo. They show before pictures while you go down the runway and read your biography. So how about you, what are your dreams and accomplishments? Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 12/3/07 2:12 am - North of Boston, MA
Parasailing is on my list too! it looks so fun just being up there seeing everything from a birds eye The extravaganza sounds like so much fun! be sure to post those tuxedo pictures!! one of my goals was to go indoor skydiving, but the weight limit was so low that I knew I'd never get to go. I've done it twice now, its a blast!
Rick A.
on 12/3/07 5:25 am - Far Northern, CA
I can't even imagine sky diving. I was on the roof of a house my brother is building last week and I only lasted about 30 minutes before I had to get down. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views