still around...

~ Stylz ~
on 11/28/07 12:21 am - North of Boston, MA
I haven't posted the wdyet post in a bit, works been busy and I'm still dealing with trial and errors of reactive hypoglycemia. I've been posting a lot on my profile and been trying to find ways to regulate it because its no fun at all!! I also found out that leaving this untreated (not doing what you're suppose to do) can lead to serious things like having to remove your pancreas because of the excessive insulin levels in your body). Because RHG is a fairly new diagnosis there aren't any tests they can run. you have the symptoms, you know you have it, plain and simple... Hypoglycemics can be tested with a glucose test (since we're post ops, the excessive amount of sugar would not only make us crash, but probably dump too).. Since its a different type of hypo its pointless to run the test. Days I can control it, others I feel like my bodys on a see-saw, my blood sugars either up or down, but not in the middle.. eating every 3 hours scares the heck out of me because I dont want to gain. on weekends I get frustrated because i have to actually set my alarm to eat otherwise the rest of my day is off... still learning what works and what doesn't so we'll see what a later date brings. I hope that people wanting to still post their menus to help them with their journaling still do, by all means, post daily, its great reading what our marchers are up to! i just haven't been motivated enough to do it daily, sorry I'm sure we'll all need a kick in the pants come January, I'll start daily then. if it wasn't enough taking a crash course on RHG, I found out I have to go in for foot surgery. I have a nerve resting on a bone and can't lift my toe, which is causing more problems. Since the college closes for almost 2 weeks between holidays, I'm going in for surgery on 12/19. only a day procedure, but I'll be on crutches for 6-8 weeks until it heels. should be a fun winter! lol crazy for the time being at work, but next week will be slower so I'll pop in more. love you guys!
~ Stylz ~
on 11/28/07 12:46 am - North of Boston, MA
oops I wanted to post a link to my veryyyyyyyyyy lengthy RHG post on the grads board incase anyone wanted to read more about it. theres another Marcher who told me she has it as well.. its great to know the symptoms incase it starts happening to you. My first sign was I ate a citrical chew and thought i was dumping.. turns out I wasn't dumping (after all why would I, not enough sugar and I've had them before), I was crashing, from not enough protein at my last meal... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,5491/ca t_id,5091/topic_id,3453812/
luckycat1
on 11/28/07 9:21 am - Cincinnati, OH
thanks for sharing the info about rhg. I am suppose to eat 6 meals a day (dr's program) some days I do and some days I don't. just not hungry lately. I have to check my sugars due to being on steroids. it runs a little high but not high enough for my dr to put me on insulin. foot surgery sounds painful. will you be able to drive?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views