question about satellite t.v.

luckycat1
on 11/27/07 2:56 pm - Cincinnati, OH
we are thinking about switching from cable to satellite. does anyone here have direct t.v. or the dish network? if so how do you like it? our cable bill is so darn high (over 100 bucks) and that is for the lowest tier digital package. thanks mj
~ Stylz ~
on 11/28/07 12:10 am - North of Boston, MA
I have direct tv and switched for the same reason. My cable bill was $82 a month, I got a letter stating it was going up to $104 in 2 months, same service. I called Dtv that day, scheduled service for the following week, got off the phone with them, called cable and cancelled service for the date dtv was coming out. BF has had it for years and loves it. its cheaper, more channels and great picture quality. He never has an outage (hes in the city) I'm not in the city, but rarely do I get an outage. The picture might scramble once every 3 or 4 months, but on the new boxes theres a red button you press and it resets the sat signal. less than a minute its back to normal. Our area has controled utilities, only 1 cable company to pick from so they know they can raise rates and get away with it.. well.. before dtv was popular. now you see the installation vans everywhere.. good for them!!
luckycat1
on 11/28/07 9:13 am - Cincinnati, OH
our cable is going up in a few months. we gat a special price when we threatened to cancel it about year ago. our cable comp is the only one in town too so they can charge whatever they want.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views