Surviving the holiday parties.

Rick A.
on 11/26/07 2:48 pm - Far Northern, CA
This time of year it seems as though ever other day there is a special occasion we are either suppose to attend or host. Here are some suggestions on how not to let these events sabotage your progress: - Eat a healthy protein filled meal before you go. - Drink some extra water before you are planning to eat. - Sit down at a table and down hang out around the food table. - If you don't think there will be any healthy choices at the event, bring your own Others will be surprised as some of the great tasting treats you have learned how to make. - Go easy on the alcohol. Those empty calories can really add up. Remember the real reason for the season and enjoy your family and friends. What tips to you have for getting though this time of year without adding extra weight to deal with after the first of the year? Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 11/27/07 11:51 pm - North of Boston, MA
I really enjoyed our walk at Thanksgiving! It was a great way to get away from the food for a while and spend time talking to family. I brought an "atkins endulge" bar for me to eat as a dessert. I don't like pushing the sugar free, healthy things onto people incase they feel obligated to eat it and don't want to so I brought a little treat for myself and ate it while they snacked on pumpkin, lemon merengue and sweet potato pies.
Rick A.
on 11/28/07 12:04 pm - Far Northern, CA
You are doing great, and what a wonderful new tradition. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!