Okay Marcher's time to reboot.

Rick A.
on 11/25/07 1:41 pm - Far Northern, CA
Well, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving week. I know I sure did. We had two great Thanksgiving meals with all of the trimmings. I don't have any regrets about the things I have eaten but it is time to get back on the road which is our journey. It is so easy to want to throw in the towel when we feel like we have over indulged. We have a full four weeks before our next big holiday. Now is the time to trim off any additional pounds they we may have found last week. It is going to take some real fortitude to get back on the straight and narrow, but we CAN do it. Barbara was easy on us last week, but we need to endeavor to get back to walking or other form of exercise, take our vitamins, protein first and drink as much water as you can stand. Let's make a commitment to continue with our progress. I'm in are you? Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 11/25/07 7:44 pm - Nashua, NH
I am definitely IN!!!! However, I am because I lost yet another pedometer. Somehow they fall off during the course of the day and evidently I don't hear them "plop" on the ground and then I miss it when I check in to see how close I am to my 10,000 steps. I called our Weight Management Clinic on the way home from work on Wednesday so I could get another one (they sell them there and they are great and only $15) but they were all trying to get out of the office to go home, so I didn't dare say I would come by - they need their holiday also! So I have felt all weekend like I have lost my best friend! It's like I don't want to walk because I won't know how far I have gone! I saw a news clip the other day and it said it has proven that people with pedometers who are serious about walking will walk farther than those without a pedometer. The thought being people are trying to get those extra steps in and if they see they are falling behind they go that "extra mile" if you will!!! So I am definitely stopping after work today and this time will pick up 2 pedometers - one for a spare! I can't go through 6 days again without my trusty pedometer. So today I am committed to working hard. Sorry everybody I didn't post on Thursday and Friday - to tell you the truth I actually didn't think about it. We had a crowd over for Turkey Day in addition to hosting our daughter-in-law's parents from England. They came last Tuesday and won't be leaving until tomorrow - so I was busy playing hostess and not that I don't love my MARCHers, but was just pre-occupied making "nice" to our visitors! My commitment today is to continue with my progress! I'm with you Rick! Barbara
jannineh99
on 11/25/07 9:13 pm - Melrose, MA
Barbara the Omron pedometer that I have has a safety attached to it you clip it to your waist like normal and then take the safety string and attach it to your belt loop or to the waist band as well and it holds very well...good luck with getting the new one.... Jannine 357/157/TT
Rick A.
on 11/26/07 1:33 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm glad you had a nice holiday. I think I may want to invest in your pedometer company. I agree it helps to keep track of your walking. I have a pocket calandar that I write my miles down in. My goal is to hit 2000 miles by the end of the year. I have about 125 miles to go. Have a great day, Rick
luckycat1
on 11/26/07 11:39 am - Cincinnati, OH
I'm ready, I have actually hit my first goal of 155 (weighed this morning and was at 154 two days in a row). Now I want to get down to 150 or below. I need to stop eating carbs! MJ
Rick A.
on 11/26/07 11:52 am - Far Northern, CA
MJ, Congratulations on hitting your goal. I can agree about the carbs. I have been real bad lately. I need to get back on my own personal band wagon and just KNOCK it off. Way to go. We are all proud of you. Have a great day, Rick
luckycat1
on 11/27/07 6:02 am - Cincinnati, OH
thanks for the encourgement! you guys are the best! mj
jannineh99
on 11/26/07 11:15 pm - Melrose, MA
WAHOOOOO that is awsome...keep up the great work...... Jannine 357/157/TT
~ Stylz ~
on 11/27/07 11:41 pm - North of Boston, MA
yay MJ congrats on getting to goal
~ Stylz ~
on 11/27/07 11:40 pm - North of Boston, MA
I'm in too (little late sorry) busy week at the office, but boy am I addicted to the treadmill!!! I feel like a guy who just got a new remote control I keep pushing the 3.0mph then go to 4.0mph for 2 min then back to 3.0 and back to 4.0.. i love it
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views