Question:

chozen V.
on 11/25/07 11:37 am - st louis, MO
Does anyone drink diet soda? Does it stretch your pouch?
Rick A.
on 11/25/07 1:39 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I don't drink anything with carbonation. I got out of the habit and I don't think it really was that good for me anyway. I drink a protein shake once a day, I drink 100 ounces of water(sometimes with a sugar free flavoring in it) and sometime sugar free hot chocolate. Fortunately for me I have lost the craving for sodas. I still kind of miss my ice tea, but I haven't gone back to that either. Have a great day, Rick
chozen V.
on 11/26/07 3:00 am - st louis, MO
Thanks Rick
luckycat1
on 11/26/07 5:40 am - Cincinnati, OH
some dorctor's do not like their patients to have diet soda. my dr said if I just had to have one I could have it but to let it sit for awile to le some of the carbinaton out (what's the point then) but he wants his patients at least two yrs out before you even try that. I will admit I had some diet pepsi about a month ago. it was watered down with ice but it was good. I drink mostly sf non carb drinks like crystal light, kool aide and plain water.
chozen V.
on 11/26/07 8:08 am - st louis, MO
Thanks
miminjoey
on 11/26/07 12:12 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I drink diet caffine free everyday...granted from the getgo I would let the ice melt and then drink it, now that has become habit...once you get a taste for flat soda it's not bad. I can not drink a soda if it is not flat it hurts my tummy.
layddi
on 11/27/07 2:59 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Hi I'd also would like to know the answer to that one, because I drink 7ups (W/carbanation) Does anyone know if it stretches the pouch?
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/07 10:41 am
Me and my girlfriend both drink soda and not always diet. We both are in terrible shape afterwards from the gas and pain. Sometimes, it takes about two days to get rid of the gas from 8 oz. of soda. Sometimes I have to have it and I usually drink it once per week. I don't know if it stretches your stomach or not but it is another treat I allow myself.
robinsaxton
on 11/27/07 11:13 pm - Columbia, MD
I do not drink anything with carbonation. I don't want to experience the gassy feeling it leaves (from what I have been told). I am told that the carbonation will expand the pouch and can be uncomfortable. A friend of mine went to a conference where they opened a bottle of soda, put a balloon on top of it and watched the balloon expand just from sittig on the open soda. The gases expanded the balloon without even one drop of liquid being put in it. I have not seen this done personally (might be fun to try). I didn't drink a lot of soda before surgery, just broke the habit and was used to water and iced tea. Now I only drink water, hot or iced tea (mostly decaf, usually flavored) and I like to use the "to-go" packets of crystal light or lipton white or green tea mixes you add to a bottle of water. I have had 4 sips of soda since surgery and didn't like the taste of any one of those sips. Sometimes an ice cold soda looks so good - but it never tastes like it looks to me. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views