Did you see the Tumbleweed just blow by....

jannineh99
on 11/24/07 9:35 am - Melrose, MA
I have been popping on almost every day and have not seen any new posts...it is like a ghost town in here...is everyone over done with holiday feasting or out walking it all off....I think I am all by myself in here tonight....Love and miss you all... Jannine
Rick A.
on 11/24/07 11:24 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi Jannine, It is a bit like a ghost town in here. I had a great holiday and I am trying to walk as much as I can when I can. I'll have a new post tomorrow. Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 11/25/07 4:12 am - North of Boston, MA
Jannine, I was just thinking the same thing while I was cooking my meals for the week! Mine was ok, the rhg thing really threw my entire day off because I slept late and didn't wake up for a protein shake, but I counter-acted it with peanut butter balls that I brought as a dessert. Your cider was a HUGE hit Jannine, I'm going to make a double batch for Christmas. It made the house smell amazing and after dinner, we went for a walk, came back and relaxed with a hot cup of cider. yummmmm Barbara - do you still have the recipe for the cranberry, orange cream cheese mixture? I thought I had it kicking around somewhere but can't find it. SO... How was everyones thanksgiving? Enjoyable moments, moments, foods that made you , foods that made you , did you add a new tradition this year or stuck to the old ones? We had 2 new traditions this year... Normally my mom and my aunt cook the classic New England Thanksgiving meal, but they've decided that they're getting older and no longer want to wake up first thing in the morning, baste a bird all day and prepare the side dishes all day long so this year we went with... chicken pot pies! Theres a place in Mass (Jannine you probably know the place since its up by you) called Harrows that is famous for their pies. We had those instead of a turkey, all kinds of veggie sides, stuffing and who can forget cranberry sauce on thanksgiving! The pies were good, I stuck to eating the meat and veggies inside the pie and the sweet potatoes I brought since I knew what was in it. The chicken was so tender, great comfort food! My aunts one of those people that put out all kinds of foods to pick at before and after meals... I ate way too many potato chips with ranch dip through out the day, but skipped desserts (other than a few peanut butter balls during the day to stabolize the blood sugar). The second "new tradition" is an after dinner walk. I can tell you, no one looked happy about the thought, but once we were out it was great, just getting to talk, not being around the food, getting fresh air and helping that food digest! It was great and they even suggested "we should do this every year" I was that was my T-Day in a nutshell, how was everyone elses? hope it was an enjoyable one!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views