Happiness is like a ...

jennb40
on 11/19/07 5:51 pm - Nashua, NH
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap......William Bennett How will you find the cat that rubs up against your legs and jumps into your lap? Maybe don't try so hard to coax the cat....or don't beat yourself up if you don't make all the right choices this holiday week. Have a little taste....sip a little wine....enjoy your friends and family, laugh alot, love alot, be thankful for what you have and what you will continue to have. Next week the "feel the love" is all over and we are back to hard work to get over the tiny bites we might consume this week and the lack of exercise, and the feeling full pouch!!! But this week...let's be thankful, let's enjoy ourselves (in reason) and just soak up how much healthier we are this year than last year or the year before. Remember those Thanksgivings you ate so much you waddled over to the couch and immediately began snorning to the chagrin of all gathered in your living room???? That for sure won't happen this year! So remember our rules if you do indulge this week....take ALL vitamins....drink way too much water....exercise other than waddling to the couch....and have LOTS of turkey filled with protein and I am sure the cat will rub your legs and jump in your lap! Hugs to all....Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 11/20/07 12:13 am - North of Boston, MA
first off.. o****now?? the weatherman predicted this when... 10 minutes after it started?? secondly, great post again its that time of year to sit back and enjoy family, yes we need to stay in tune with our pouch and do the right thing, but dont stress over a second serving later in the day because you're afraid you wont lose this week. Enjoy time with family and as Barb said.. next week we're back to hard work and getting back on track.
Rick A.
on 11/20/07 10:34 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thanks for being easy on us this week. I will enjoy the week and try to be reasonable about my food choices. Most of all I will remember all of the things I have to be thankful for. Have a great day, Rick
luckycat1
on 11/20/07 10:59 am - Cincinnati, OH
thanks for the post. i have so much to be thanful for! now if I can only stay away from the second helping of yams (candied) and mac and cheese (no it is not low fat)and pumkin roll. notice not bit of protein in post . Happy Thanksgiving Everyone MJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views