MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 11/18/07 8:41 pm - Nashua, NH
Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it is too late......Robert R. Updegraff This holiday week I am going to keep it light. Let's have fun this week. Let's enjoy our families and friends and celebrate our weight loss journey thus far. We have to find happiness along the way - because as Mr. Updegraff says...if we find it at the end of the road, the journey is over and it is too late. Now not to say "go hogwild" this week with over-endulgences and over-eating, but have a little happiness along the way. If you have to have a taste of Aunt Mildred's traditional "I've made it for 50 years" sweet potatoe casserole laden with yummies...then have a taste! If Granny Smith insists you must try her pecan pie...well Granny Smith won't be here forever, so maybe have a little - I mean - little bite and make Granny happy! So in essence, enjoy yourself this week. Laugh alot, love alot, endulge a little bit! But if you are going to endulge, please take your vitamins, please drink more water, please take a long walk after Thanksgiving dinner, and have more turkey than Aunt Mildred's sweet potatoes or Granny Smith's pecan pie! Hugs to all...Barbara
Rick A.
on 11/19/07 12:57 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thanks for the great words of advise. Have a great week, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 11/19/07 2:15 am - North of Boston, MA
I get a little anxious with Thanksgiving dinner upon us because last thanksgiving I dumped.. On healthier choices no less The tabuli on wheat crackers was the straw that broke the camels back and boy did it break... I was sick for hours and know to be more cautious this year! I found an interesting sweet potato recipe online that I'm going to make, it got great reviews, can't wait to try it. My cousin makes sinfully delish sweet potatoes loaded with a stick of butter, cinnamon sugar and brown sugar. The thought of it almost makes me dump Last christmas I made Mama of 3's apple crisp, I'm going to make it for thanksgiving this year for everyone to enjoy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views