I am thankful for my mobility

Rick A.
on 11/13/07 1:48 pm - Far Northern, CA
The loss of 162 pounds has given me greater mobility. It always amazes me when I am down on the ground and when it's time to get up I just pop right up. Sometimes I think "how did that happen'? It is so much easier to climb up a ladder or even get through my daily activities. I don't have to worry about how to plan my day. I will tell you a secret about me - in the old days I would never plan on changing the sheets for our water bed and mowing the yard in the same day. That was just way too much for me. Now I walk 5 miles a day and haul wood or do yard work or any of another dozen chores around the house. Last week I got up and walked a mile then helped a brother pour cement for a garage, came home walked another mile and then I went to work and worked my 10 hour shift. I would NEVER have been able to do that two years ago. Life is great because I am more mobile then during any other time of my life. Rick
jennb40
on 11/13/07 7:14 pm - Nashua, NH
Rick - when you rip open the buttons to take your shirt off at night - does your t-shirt have a big red "S" on there???? You know....for 'SUPERMAN'!!!! Just kidding...isn't it wonderful that you and all of us are so much more mobile...? We can walk for miles rather than a few feet and we are still not out of breath! We can go up a flight of stairs without stopping. We CAN get up off the floor!!! Yes I am thankful also for this new found mobility and thank God everyday! Thanks for reminding us...Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views