I am thankful for my health

Rick A.
on 11/12/07 11:29 am - Far Northern, CA
The main reason many of us chose to have this surgery was for a better, healthier life. I know I have been fortunate to have achieved the results I set out to attain. Some in our group are still dealing with medical problems. I suspect that some of us may also be dealing with issues of depression. My hope is that these issues are less because of the other improvements we have made in our lives. I am healthier than during any other time of my life. The few medical issues I had prior to my surgery have been resolved. I no longer have high blood pressure. I no longer have severe sleep apnea. I have hope for a long and productive life. I hope that each of you have a healthier life because of the changes you have made. Life is great, because I am healthy. Rick
RebekaA
on 11/12/07 11:39 pm - Inland Empire, CA
I wish the best for all our Marchers too! I think we have such a special group. I am thankful everyday to for just the COMFORT level of my life now. Do you remember what it was like before? All the aches and pains? After the last 30 pounds I gained--I was just never *comfortable* anywhere anymore! Standing hurt, I could only sit in "certain" chairs, my sleep was disrupted, more restless. My quality of life STUNK! I really didn't FIT anywhere. That's what sticks out most in my head sometimes. I'm happy everyday to be able to just...BE. Hope that makes sense.
Rick A.
on 11/13/07 12:57 am - Far Northern, CA
Rebeka, I completely understand. I remember my feet burning after being on them for any amount of time. Now I can walk miles and not even notice. I always used to just stand or lean against a wall so I didn't have to worry about what chair to sit on. I just felt out of place. I still have some of those thoughts, but it gets better all the time. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views