GET FIRED UP WALKERS!

jennb40
on 11/11/07 6:47 pm - Nashua, NH
Ok MARCHers - we are officially entering into the holiday season...Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day...looks like we have 4 months ahead of us that will require some determination and resistance on our parts. It would be so easy to go overboard the next few months. Most of us don't really "dump" like we did at first and our little pouches have become quite warm and friendly. BUT - we do have a goal to help us along the way. Our quest to walk across America. YES - it is much cooler in good old November than it was in October, in fact as I am writing this it is only 22 degrees outside. However, we can bundle up and still get an opportunity to get some good exercise. Just know when you come back in from walking you can have some yummy sugar free cocoa to warm you up! Too bad the marshmellows aren't sugar free! ANYWAY, I want to get you excited about completing our goal to get across America by the end of the year. Who knows maybe in January we will have visited enough in California and may need to go back to NY!!! Make sure you make the most of your pouch and the most of your exercise mode the next 4 months. Keep moving....and let's not any of us gain any weight! This is Rick's week for the motivational message and I am not trying to steal his thunder...I just want us to remember what we need to do in the short term and the long term during this holiday season. Make the season about your loved ones and not your love of food...be strong MARCHers - and take off for a walk today! I am off in a couple of hours to see Stephanie Smiles and take her some chili and apple crisp. I talked to Stephanie yesterday and she is not feeling a bit good and very uncomfortable, so keep her in your prayers and ask for a speedy recovery for our great friend and motivator! Hugs to all....Barbara
Rick A.
on 11/11/07 10:56 pm - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thank you for pushing us on. I do still get out and walk, but I sure do hate this time change. Walking in the cold and dark and rain is a bit of a pain, but it is so worth it. We will meet our goal. Give Stephanie a hug from me as well. I'm sure you will lift her spirits. Take care, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 11/12/07 11:44 am - North of Boston, MA
your walk across america idea was a perfect one surgery buddy! great way to get back on track and motivated sorry to hear Stephanie's still not feeling well, shes in my thoughts!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views