Some of the things I am thankful for . . .

Rick A.
on 11/11/07 12:00 pm - Far Northern, CA
Since next week will Barbara's turn to post I thought I would touch on some of things I am most thankful for this week. Today we observe Veteran's Day. I am thankful for the freedom to live in a country in which we can express our opinion without the fear of retaliation. Over the last two centuries many individuals have given their lives so that we may have this freedom. I appreciate the service and the sacrifice that these individuals have made for our country. While we may not always agree with the cause our leaders choose to defend, we stand behind this great country. Thank you also to the family members that are left behind while their loved ones go to far away lands to serve our country. Today take a moment to honor and express your appreciation to those that protect our rights and liberties. Life is great because of those that have given their all to benefit the rest of us. Rick
jennb40
on 11/11/07 6:39 pm - Nashua, NH
Veterans and current service members capture my heart! My husband is a Viet Nam vet and I have spent the past 5 years resolving unemployment insurance claims for ex-service members separating from the military. A big THANK YOU to all our Veterans and members currently serving and their families. Among our MARCHers - Amy, MeMe and Danni all come to mind. These wives and mothers are sacrificing for me and this country while raising their kids and dealing with an absentee husband who is giving their service to our country. What great men and women who love this country. Yesterday morning we went out to eat breakfast and when we went into the restaurant, the owner asked my husband if he was a vet - to which he responded yes. He said let me shake your hand and thank you for serving our country and by the way, you and your wife's breakfast is on me this morning. What a nice way to honor our military people. Thank you military persons for my freedom and your service to our country. Barbara
Rick A.
on 11/11/07 10:58 pm - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thank you for adding your thoughts. We realy do live in a great country. Rick
RebekaA
on 11/12/07 12:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
How nice Barb!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!