disc problems anyone?

miminjoey
on 11/9/07 7:30 am - Fort Bragg, NC
hey guys I have been having lots of trouble with my right leg and we thought most of it was from the swelling...which is causing problems...but today the doctor said the pain I was describing is nerve pain...so he sent me for xrays to see if I have deteriorated disc. They said my doctors should have the results monday afternoon. Anyway I've have back pain for years from a sway back...but ya know ya just live with it...but now I am a bit freaked out....anyone else have this problem or know anything about it...to give me some insight? he did give me some medicine for the nerve pain...I hope it helps...my leg feels like it's waking up...the pins and needles feeling numb from hip to heel...very weird feeling.So anyway...any information you guys could give would help...granted i think because my aunt died today has me probably more worked up then I normally would be.
jennb40
on 11/9/07 11:33 pm - Nashua, NH
Sorry to hear about your aunt Mimi - my sympathy to you and your family. I have "bursitis" in my hip - but that isn't like what you have. I have been going to physical therapy for 5 weeks and have about 6 more weeks to go. It is a slow process, but the hip is getting better. Let us know what the doctor says on Monday - rest and take care of yourself....Barb
jannineh99
on 11/10/07 4:42 am - Melrose, MA
Hey there Mimi....sorry to hear about your loss..you and your family are in my prayers...as far as the disk pain...I have pain in my back and some times burning and numbness but my chiropractor thinks it is because the muscles are out of shape and not know what to do with themselves after such dramatic weightloss we are hoping they will settle down but they have not yet and it has been quite a few months...get some rest... Jannine
Beckers
on 11/10/07 4:13 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Hey Mimi- I'm sorry about your aunt's passing I have a lot of aches and pains in my joints and bones the last 6 months, but nothing serious. I was told that it could be our skeletal adjustment, after so many years of carrying so much extra weight, our walk/gait may be different? We may be "off" in the way we stand/walk/sit, etc. is how it was explained to me. I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're dealing with... it could have nothing to do with WLS. I know Rebeka A. has been having some back issues, but I don't think it sounds like the same problem. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views