MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 11/7/07 7:17 pm - Nashua, NH
How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most......Stephen Covey What is deeply important to you? I suspect some 17 months ago what was deeply important to us was the fact we were under going WLS with the goal in mind to lose weight and become healthy. TODAY - what is deeply important to us is getting to our final goal, or if there, maintaining that goal. We are still "babies" in this process...some people are 5/10 years out from surgery. So we have the rest of our lives to continue on this journey, which is a journey we face each and every day. So therefore, we must manage ourselves/our lives each day to be and to do what really matters most - get to goal or maintain at goal. It is deeply important to us to keep the success of WLS at hand and MARCHers - that will require work on your part. PLEASE stop now when reading this and have another bottle/glass of water and take your vitamins if you haven't already. Make a decision today to eat more protein - maybe just today leave off all carbs???? Make a decision today to walk a little more, exercise a little more - whatever it takes in the way of committment from you. What is deeply important to you TODAY? How will you manage your day to move toward your goal or maintain your goal? Hugs to all...Barbara
Lauren003
on 11/7/07 9:07 pm - , NC
It's easy to lose sight of this being a lifelong process and get frustrated with my progress. The daily emotional struggles cloud that big picture for me. What's deeply important for me today is to keep that picture in mind and hopefully it'll help to strengthen me against derailments. Also, I'm going to concentrate again on drinking lots of fluids. I had forgotten how quickly weight loss can stall if I don't drink enough. I lost 3 pounds since yesterday (brownie batter and all!) simply because I drank more. Incredible! All of you out there who are stalled too, DRINK! It's healthy and you'll see if your body reacts the same way that mine does and sheds those pounds. I'm definitely not a drinker, never have been, so it's tough for me to drink anything when I'm not thirsty. Hot tea helps though! It goes down easily and warms me up so it's all good!
RebekaA
on 11/8/07 12:45 am - Inland Empire, CA
3 pounds! that's awesome! Keep it up girl! Now go drink some more! You are looking so awesome, i couldn't believe the latest profile pics!
~ Stylz ~
on 11/8/07 12:54 am - North of Boston, MA
such a good point that we all seem to forget from time to time, thanks for helping us remember. I'm going to try room temp water to see if it helps me drink more. Its starting to get cold here (well to me its already freezing but thats just because I'm lol) so the though of drinking cold water makes me but we all do need to get tha****er in!
~ Stylz ~
on 11/8/07 12:45 am - North of Boston, MA
after tuesdays horiffic incident with the cream of chicken soup, I'm off refined carbs for a while! Yesterday it seemed all I had was great carbs, extra protein and I felt wonderful! I'm off for another tall glass of water. Since its getting chilly, I have a few bottles of room temp water on the counter, maybe if its not so cold I'll drink more in a day! hope all is well
RebekaA
on 11/8/07 12:52 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Barb, Another great post! I don't know how you keep coming up with them! Today it's important to not let recent back problems and pain get me down! I feel like after 19 months of working my butt off to change my life (and body!), I've been given a ticket straight back to my preop life of life stuck on the couch in pain with a heating pad. I can't exercise, which was the one thing that really made me feel safe that these healthy changes could be permanent. So I'm struggling a little. But enough with the pity party, I've been thru worse! My decision is to just keep the faith that this is temporary and I'll be back to normal soon. have a great day!
Rick A.
on 11/8/07 12:59 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thanks for the reminder that we have this tool for the rest of our lives. We must continue to work it and listen to what our pouch is telling us. Our head might not always agree with the rumblings of our stomach, but in this case the pouch rules. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views