Questions about Walk Across America

Dawn Burke
on 11/7/07 12:06 am - North Bay, Canada
Hi There- Thanks to Stylz for telling me about this! Can you tell me what it is and how I can join up? Thanks very much! Dawn
~ Stylz ~
on 11/7/07 1:46 am - North of Boston, MA
Dawn, glad you found us! here is the original post about "Walking Across America". Barbara in NH put the idea together and every week, we post our miles walked, add it to last weeks total and walk further away from NYC to get to Los Angeles http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/03-2006/postdetail/17037.html?vc=0#17037 All you have to do is walk each week and post your miles in the "Roll Call" post. Its a great way to get extra exercise to help get to or maintain your goal weight. Theres also a chart on the boards of exercise equvalant to walking a mile if you're not a big fan of walking (house cleaning even made the list, like any of us like doing that ).
Rick A.
on 11/7/07 4:48 am - Far Northern, CA
Dawn, Welcome to the Marcher's. It never ceases to amaze me when a new face shows up after a year and a half. We are glad to have you onboard. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 11/7/07 7:23 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Dawn, WELCOME to our MARCHers board, we are so glad to have you and welcome you to join us each and every day! Yes - we are trying to collectively "walk across America" on paper and we welcome any help. We started out in NYC on October 1 and we are trying to get to Los Angeles! Any help at all will be appreciated! As you have heard in posts above, just keep track of your walking or activity that equals walking - see a prior post from SYTLZ showing what other activities can equal walking and post your results when STYLZ calls for them. Please don't be a stranger and jump in on this board. MARCHers are a great group of people. We also have a Mon-Fri "motivational" post for MARCHers going to goal and MARCHers maintaining. Rick A and myself take turns each week posting. This is my week to post and Rick plugs in next week. We are hopeful to make motivational posts that will keep our board active and hopefully help our fellow MARCHers. Again - welcome! Hugs to you....Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views