WDYET?? *** TUESDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 11/6/07 1:29 am - North of Boston, MA
happy rainy Tuesday everyone! I was suppose to meet a co-worker from the old cop days, but she called and said she has the flu so I'm avoiding her like the plague! having the flu once every few years is plenty for me!!!! I feel like I'm getting lazy with exercise, probably because I'm always so cold and just want to bundle up at home Is anyone else still dealing with always being cold? Its 50 out (which isn't bad for a fall day in New England) and I have a cable knit sweater on with a sweater coat on top, 2 pair socks and cords all i can think is.. if I'm this cold now, its only going to get worse.. Those freezing winter days that the high is like 15... ughhh I get chills just thinking about it! my quinoa mixture came out much better than the first time. I used chicken broth instead of water and it gave it good flavor, added a few spices, corn, black beans, tossed some shrimp in at the end.. mmmmm too bad I didn't bring any for lunch since I lost my lunch date heres my day drive to work - iso fruit cantaloupe protein shake breakfast - 2 banana cookies with 1 T peanut butter snack - apple muffin lunch - weight control oatmeal with 2/3c smart milk and 1T peanut butter dinner - quinoa, black beans, corn and shrimp combination (protein, protein and more protein) snack - broccoli and cheese vitamins - all in exercise - short walk to dunkins.. water - only 20oz so far, too chilly to drink hows everyone doing today? let us know!
Lauren003
on 11/6/07 8:18 pm - , NC
Hi Karen! I bought some quinoa yesterday at the co-op. They had red too. Have you tried it? I stuck with the good old fashioned white kind. Your concoction sounds SUPER good! I've noticed that you drink a lot of the cantalope shakes. Do you like them or are you trying to finish off a container? I l-o-v-e the Champion Pure Whey Stack that I drink but sometimes want to switch up the chocolate flavor and haven't found anything yet that doesn't have that horrid whey taste. Tell me about it, please?
~ Stylz ~
on 11/7/07 8:08 am - North of Boston, MA
I found a recipe to use it for breakfast! From what I heard about quinoa it can be substituted for couscous, rice, bulgar or oatmeal (probably other things too). I heard they have red and black quinoa but I haven't tried it yet. I've only found 1 brand in my area, I'm going to check out Whole Foods, hopefully they have different brands and types. Its starting to grow on me Making it with chicken broth was reallyyyyy good! I'm interested to see how it is for breakfast (I'll post the recipe). For the black bean, corn, shrimp combination, I used 2 cups chicken broth, 1 c quinoa, added the beans (rinsed) and corn (drained) once the quinoa was cooked, squirt of lime juice and whatever seasonings you like (I love tastefully simple's spinach herb seasoning and add it to almost everything, their season salt is good too) and added shrimp right before serving (so they didn't over cook). My protein powder is delish... but the company went belly up Its been my protein since week 1 post-op. I was never able to get down a full shake because they were so thick, this shake is thin like juice and the flavors weren't bad. I ordered some Nectar proteins because they have fruity flavors and are think consistency, but not sure how they'll be... I'll let you know after I try them heres the breakfast quinoa recipe: Fruity Quinoa Porridge 1c quinoa 2 c. skim milk 1 apple chopped with skin on 1/3 c. raisins 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 Tbsp floral honey (walmart sells sugar free honey) 1/2 cup warm skim milk, (extra to serve) put the quinoa in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Tip the quinoa into a saucepan, then pour in the milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the apple, raisins and cinnamon, simmer for 5-6 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. put in 4 bowls, drizzle the honey over the top and serve with extra skim milk. it makes 4 servings and has 13 grams protein, 4 gr fiber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views