WDYET?? *** HAPPY HALLOWEEN ***

~ Stylz ~
on 10/31/07 3:08 am - North of Boston, MA
Happy Halloween everyone I decided to get gutsy and wear the outfit I posted from Saturday to work today (black sweater, mini skirt, boots to the knee). I figured what a perfect day to wear it, I'll either pull it off or the students will think I'm a go-go dancer! so far so good! I've been on this health kick lately and have been trying to read more about good foods for you, things to eat instead of other things, what to avoid, what are considered "super foods" and learned about a food called "Quinoa" its pronounced keen-wa, looks like barley, has the consistency of al-dente pasta and (to me atleast) taste like the seeds of steamed summer sqash ) Its considered a grain, is very good for you, low in carbs, high in protein and fiber. Since my goal is to eat healthier, I figured I'd give it a shot.. Its not bad, might take a little bit to get use to (or will be better prepared in different ways) but its good for me, so I'm going to adapt! so heres my day drive to work - iso fruit cantaloupe protein shake medium sf coconut coffee, x-smart milk breakfast - 2 apple protein muffins lunch - 8 shrimp and 1/2 c. quinoa dinner - jannines creamy chicken snack - pear with gorgonzola cheese vitamins - all in water -2 - 22oz glasses so far exercise - long walk to dunkins, 2 mile walk at lunch, walked at our 15 min break. my goal is to log 10 miles today! I'm going out with my God Children to trick or treat so hopefully that will be a mile or 2, maybe I'll squeeze in a quick walk after work too
Lauren003
on 10/31/07 10:18 pm - , NC
I've never tried Quinoa but have read about it too. How do you cook it? In broth like couscous? You don't want to know what I ate today and I hardly want to remember! Did have 2 double protein drinks though just in case the protein in chocolate doesn't add up to much. Argh.
~ Stylz ~
on 11/1/07 3:18 am - North of Boston, MA
Quinoa cooks exactly like couscous! The first time I made it I wanted to taste it the normal way of cooking (water, quinoa, fluff with fork and eat).. I added a little butter and salt the first time, but I think cooking it with chicken broth would really be good! Thats how I plan to make it this weekend (chicken broth, black beans, maybe a little corn, cilantro, dash of lime juice, diced tomatoes and onion... mmmm) I'll let you know how it taste with chicken broth. Some have suggested soaking quinoa up to 3 hours before cooking which would eliminate the "al dente" consistency, but I liked that most of all with it.
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/31/07 10:54 pm - My Town, NH
I know you rocked that miniskirt!!! Drive to work: 2 Babybel cheese rounds Breakfast: great grains bagel with peanut butter and sliced banana Snack: didn't get in my protein snack Lunch: wrap with ham, cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and dijon mustard and a cowboy cookie Snack: lite applesauce cup and SF pudding cup Dinner: chicken and veggie stir fry with a little rice Snack: NSA Fudgsicle Water: 48 ounces Vitamins: all in Exercise: nope Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 11/1/07 3:19 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks it was a great confidence booster! I've been trying to find ways to venture out of my shell a little.. baby steps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views