What do you do to treat yourself?

Rick A.
on 10/30/07 2:06 pm - Far Northern, CA
What are your healthful treats that you allow yourself to have? I know many of you enjoy the no sugar added fudge sickles. They are one of my favorites also. I also like peanuts and cashews. I tell myself they are high in protein. Early on in this journey I enjoyed sugar free Jell-O and pudding. I don't eat that much of those things lately. I find I naturally eat more healthy food then I have during any time in my life. For those of you that have found not food treats, please let us know how you treat yourself? Enjoy all of the ghosts and goblins at your door tonight. Remember how much fun you had as a child? I hope you have a treat filled day. Life is great, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/30/07 10:42 pm - My Town, NH
Good morning! I wondered if we would have treats today to follow-up the tricks of yesterday. I do love my NSA Fudgsicles. I've also found Kashi cookies to be yummy and quite filling. I usually only eat one. Probably my other treat is Arizona Diet Blueberry Tea. I drink a glass of that at night if I have my 64 ounces of water in. I also enjoy a cup of NSA hot cocoa every now and then. Those are a few of my treats. Happy Halloween! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 10/31/07 12:27 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, The NSA hot chocolate sounds so good right now. It was really cold out walking at 6:00 a.m. I thinks it's okay to treat ourselves every now and then. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/31/07 12:11 am - North of Boston, MA
I love chocolate covered strawberries as a treat! Hersheys makes a great sugar free dark chocolate, I melt a few bars (theyre bite sized bars) in the microwave, dip the strawberries and put them in the fridge for an after dinner treat I think to this day, BF hasn't figured out theyre sugar free ;) When I need something more I buy those mini phyllo dough cups, put a tsp of peanut butter in each and top them with melted sf chocolate for a peanut butter cup Two weeks ago there was a sign posted for a halloween hosted by our town's library. I decided to go with MJ's idea and donate instead of buy candy and pass it out.. I haven't tried sugar and don't want to be around the temptation! Instead I'm going to meet with my God Children and walk with their mom from house to house. great way to get extra walking in happy halloween everyone!
Rick A.
on 10/31/07 12:46 am - Far Northern, CA
What decadent treats you have devised. They make my mouth water just thinking about them. This just goes to show others that we don't have to give up special treats, we just have to modify them so that they work for us. I will be walking with my grandson tonight while he goes trick-or-treating. In my town one of the hotels lets organizations or churches rent out the rooms of the entire ground flour. They area all decorated and the kids start at one end and hit each room along the way. It is great fun and safe for all ages. Have a spooktacular day, Rick
Lauren003
on 10/31/07 10:14 pm - , NC
Oh goodness, I'm not sure it's a treat if I eat it every day Some of my favorites are pumpkin fluff (canned pumpkin, sf vanilla pudding, pumpkin pie spice and a little Cool Whip) with a few graham cracker sticks, Fruitabu fruit leather (sort of like a fruit roll up but dried fruit puree instead of corn syrup), sf choc. pudding with a few cookies from those 100 cal. packs of oreo crisps, sf pudding frozen.. Boy, I see that I love pudding!
Rick A.
on 11/1/07 1:59 am - Far Northern, CA
Lauren, Those sound like great choices. I agree, I don't know if we can count those as treats as much as they are just part of better eating choices that we have made. I used to eat a lot of sugar free pudding, but not so much anymore. Now that is one of the things that makes my stomach a little queasy. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views