Baked Avocados w/ Shrimp and Spicy Mayo

~ Stylz ~
on 10/30/07 4:23 am - North of Boston, MA
yummy!! 1/2 c. light mayo 1 clove garlic, minced (I put more because I LOVE garlic lol) 1 tsp dijon mustard 1 hard boiled egg, chopped 1/2 tsp taragon vinegar (I used cider vinegar and added a pinch of taragon) 4 scallions, chopped 2 ripe avocados, cut in half, pits removed juice of 1/2 lemon 8 large shrimp, raw Preheat oven to 350. Place mayo, garlic, mustard, egg, vinegar and scallions in food processor, blend well. Arrange cut avocados on a baking pan, sprinkle with lemon juice. Place shrimp in pits and cover with sauce. Bake 20 minutes... 298 calories, 11 carbs, 8 gr protein.
RebekaA
on 10/30/07 12:12 pm - Inland Empire, CA
sounds really good! can't wait to try it. thanks! I have a great new one for you too (from Giada).... simple, but super tasty side dish: I was out of Prosciutto and used Bacon and it came out great. I also left out the salad and made it like a bean side di**** was delish! hope you enjoy. Cannellini Beans with Herbs and Prosciutto 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained 2 ounces prosciutto, coarsely chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 cups arugula or mixed baby greens Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the sage and thyme. Add the tomatoes. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the beans. Simmer until the tomatoes are tender and the juices evaporate by half, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the prosciutto, being careful not to overcook the prosciutto. Season the beans, to taste, with salt and pepper. Arrange the arugula or mixed baby greens over a platter. Spoon the beans over the greens and serve. 4-6 servings
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/30/07 10:36 pm - My Town, NH
Rebeka, did you cook the bacon before adding it to the bean mixture? Thanks, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 10/31/07 1:45 am - Inland Empire, CA
Yes! cooked it first.
~ Stylz ~
on 10/31/07 12:13 am - North of Boston, MA
I've been on SUCH a bean kick lately!! great source of protein and doesn't weigh my little stomach down like meats. thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/30/07 10:35 pm - My Town, NH
That sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views