3 More Days...

Mama-of-3
on 10/28/07 10:10 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Until Surgery. I have to say that although the last few weeks have been spent anticipating that day with excitement, now that it is so close I am scared to death! LOL Will they make me get up and try to walk? Will it hurt as bad? Will it be super hard getting up and down stairs? Oh lordy have mercy......so many questions..... Help calm my nervous!! Trish
Beckers
on 10/29/07 1:48 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Trish- I've been gone for a week. Are you having PS? What are you having done? I KNOW you will do great! Thank goodness for pain meds. I have no advice since I haven't had any surgery since WLS... but Good Luck! *hugs*
Mama-of-3
on 10/29/07 5:48 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hiya~!! Yuppers, I'm having my tummy tuck. The bad part of this whole thing is that I googled for a video and boy did I ever get one!! I have watched it on Big Medicine on TV, but now that it's a reality for me......i'm GROSSING out!!!!! Trish
BelindaOBX
on 10/29/07 10:43 am - Mount Gilead, NC
Are you spending the night in the hospital? Yes you will have to walk. I don't have stairs so I don't know about that. It hurt but not has much as I expected. I was off pain meds sooner with the TT than with the RNY. The anticipation was far worse. Stay on top of your pain meds. Mine said 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours. My PS said take one and if I don't feel better in 30 minutes take another. I ended up taking 1 every 4 hours initially. Even to the point of setting the alarm on my cell phone so I wouldn't get behind. It is so worth it!! I'm 4 weeks out and thrilled with my results. I'm still swelling. They took off 11.5 pounds and I have gone down 2 pants sizes so far. I have pre-op and 10 day post-op pics on my profile. Ask me any questions you might have. Belinda
Mama-of-3
on 10/29/07 1:04 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Belinda Thank you so much for your response. I plan on keeping up with my meds. I also think you are right about the anticipation of it all! I'll post when I can afterward. Trish
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/30/07 12:54 am - My Town, NH
Trish, I'll be thinking of you! You'll do great and the results will be worth it. Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing once you return home! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views