Time to set those skeletons free

Rick A.
on 10/28/07 2:05 pm - Far Northern, CA
In honor of the upcoming holiday I grant all of you the power to throw open those closets and let go of those things that may have been holding you back in the past. Don't let old hurts still haunt you. Don't let old perceptions of your inabilities hold you back. We are new and improved. Just because we have downsized doesn't mean we have fully adjusted to our new and improved bodies. We must work on this everyday. Try to surround yourselves with people that make you feel good about yourself. As best you can be happy and try to make others happy. Last week we had a challenge to commit random acts of kindness. Many of you confirmed to me just how great a bunch of people you are. You are obviously letting your light shine on others and I applaud you. Have a great day. Rick P.S. today is Barbara's first day at her new job. I'm sure she is going to do great. Think positive thoughts for her.
~ Stylz ~
on 10/29/07 1:12 am - North of Boston, MA
many postive thoughts for Barbara, she'll do great! Shes such a sweet lady and don't let her talk about being old fool you!! As many people say you're only as old as you feel and after losing the weight she has, continuing to work toward goal and being active with those pugs and grandbabies, she shouldn't feel old! how was your trip to the ocean Rick? hopefully it was an enjoyable one! one "skeleton" I've held on to is crossing my arms! When I realize I'm doing it I correct it, but I've always been told its such a shy type personality trait that I want to let it go! I think I do it more because of the belly skin and that I don't want people to see it, but I know there are times when I'm talking to someone where I realize my arms are crossed and I should be more confident than that by now! Thanks for posting this, my goal is to work on that "skeleton"!
Rick A.
on 10/29/07 1:31 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I had a great weekend at the coast. It was so nice to walk on the beach and think. It is so calming to me. We met a couple that we have travelled with and we really enjoy their company. I hadn't given a lot of thought to the arm crossing thing, but I think I used to "hide" behind my crossed arms. It may also me a shyness thing. I always used to try to be invisible. That's kinda of hard to do at 339 pounds. Have a great day. Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/29/07 11:39 pm - North of Boston, MA
I did the same Rick! It was almost like an invisible barrier. Maybe if I have my arms crossed they wont see how big I was?? sureee ;) sounds like a great weekend, glad you enjoyed it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views