One Step forward...3 steps back...

RebekaA
on 10/26/07 5:56 am - Inland Empire, CA
What a week I've had!!! First, got a call back from the dr. about my back... A month ago I thought I tweaked it at the gym. Originally Dr. told me I had pinched a nerve and sent me home with some steroids to rest. I got better then REALLY worse again. Dr. called me back this week b/c they found something on my xrays. My lower vertebrae (sp?) have fused together, hence the PAIN! I have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. Treatment is either pain mgmt (probably not successful since we can't take NSAIDS!) or surgery! Yikes! I haven't been able to work out in a month. I had finally gotten into the groove of a 5 day workout week and was JUST beginning to see some results of the new weight training i was doing! Now I will flab right back up w/in weeks! Well at least they have me on Vicodin now so I can walk again. I don't know when I'll be able to work out again which freaks me out! I'm really bummed at this set back b/c it seems anytime I get ANY momentum going--something happens to derail me! And NOW after 3 days with the flu...It's gone to my ears and I have an ear infection! Good Lord what next?!? Alright, alright i'll quit feeling sorry for myself--the upside of the flu....? I lost 3 pounds! and have hit my "I'll never get THERE goal." So I guess I'll try to focus on the positive. I just had to let it out! Thanks for letting me vent! Have a great wkend!
Lauren003
on 10/26/07 9:10 am - , NC
Oh Rebeka! Does the doc have any IDEA how your vertibrae fused together?! How does that just happen?
RebekaA
on 10/26/07 9:18 am - Inland Empire, CA
Girl you look GREAT! So beautiful! I love the new hair. I've always had a bad back. The little research I've been able to find on this condition says it's a birth defect, so I blame my mother but years ago, my chiropractor told me that if we didn't "fix" my back ($$$$) this would happen. I had a crooked spine to begin with (scoliosis) so I assume it started there. The dr. said this was normal to see in someone who was 70, but not my age. won't really know till I find an Ortho guy and that is proving to be a pain with my insurance!
luckycat1
on 10/26/07 2:53 pm - Cincinnati, OH
OUCH! Hope you get some releif. Pain meds are great! If you are still taking steroids, make sure you take them with food. you will reduce your chances of getting and ulcer. mj
RebekaA
on 10/28/07 2:29 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks MJ!
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/28/07 12:34 am - My Town, NH
Rebeka, OUCH! I'm so sorry you hurt. I hope you are able to get it fixed with minimal pain and tribulation! You can certainly vent anytime you need to. Try not to freak out about your ability to work out. Remember that it's not forever. It's just temporary. Let us know how things progress! Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 10/28/07 2:32 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Stephanie, I'll try and remember that I'm feeling much better today, I can walk again and the pain is minimal thank goodness! have a great day!
~ Stylz ~
on 10/29/07 1:05 am - North of Boston, MA
any news from the Doc on your back? have they sent you to PT for it? hope you're on the mend soon!
RebekaA
on 10/29/07 9:52 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I'm totally pain free today! I"m going to venture out tmw and try to walk on the treadmill a little and see how it goes. Karen, I'm having a heck of time finding an Ortho Dr! I've called 16 offices! There's been a problem with each! Some aren't taking new back patients, the last one I spoke to only took CASH (shady!), and the other didn't work with my schedule. So I'm still looking. But am feeling more hopeful and better all around now that i'm pain free!
Beckers
on 10/29/07 1:21 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Ack!! BEK! I go away for a week and you fall apart I hope you are feeling better today. Congrats on your LOW low low weight! WOOT! *hugs* Bec
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views