WDYET?? *** FRIDAY ***

~ Stylz ~
on 10/26/07 3:17 am - North of Boston, MA
Meeting friends for dinner tonight, a place with a wonderful martini bar... I'll keep it to 2, maybe 1 depending how the night goes.. I'm dressed up in a denim dress that I bought yesterday that matches my denim suit (pants and blazer). Strapless, (needless to say the jacket will never be off), tight around the waist, big puffy pleats in the skirt and knee high leather boots! I would have never thought of wearing something like this before surgery or even when I wasn't at goal. I feel like by wearing this today I've gained even more confidence than I already have! I've gotten tons of compliments at work and bf even noticed! I love the look of dresses and have bought some, but don't wear them often because I didn't think I could pull it off... Today changed that, I feel great! maybe I'll post a picture this weekend in it Heres my day with foods... haven't been very hungry, feels like it comes and goes. drive to work - isofruit cantaloupe protein shake medium iced coffee, sf caramel, x-smart milk breakfast - weight control oatmeal, 2/3c smart milk, 1T peanut butter mixed in... heavenly! v8 juice lunch - 2 baby bananas with 2 T peanut butter? snack - pear dinner - really dont know, I haven't looked at the menu, but I'm craving shrimp! (Rebeka I found a shrimp/avocado recipe you might like, I'll post it over the weekend ) vitamins - all in Water - 3 - 22oz glasses exercise - not much really.. long way to dunkins, this weekend I'll improve it! hope everyones doing well, enjoy your weekend!
Lauren003
on 10/26/07 3:36 am - , NC
Oh! I wanna see your outfit! It sounds super cute! I'll tell you what I haven't eaten today.. fruitcake, pringles, ice cream, Russell Stover International chocolates, cute rainbow striped marshmallows, dark chocolate M&Ms or once again, the fruitcake (I seem to be the only person in the free world who craves it in the fall). They've all been crying out to me but I've said no. Okay, on to what I have had - 2 scoops of Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack in water B - a cup or so of spinach madeline made with sauteed mushrooms. Yum! L - a cup or so of chicken/veg soup with a tomato broth snack later - probably a stick of cojack cheese wrapped in turkey and melted D - was thinking of making shrimp in a white wine bechemel sauce (over pasta for my family) with cauliflour/cheese sauce made with some of the bechemel Snack after supper - lately it's been microwave pork rinds
~ Stylz ~
on 10/26/07 4:14 am - North of Boston, MA
you're too much! I quickly read your post and didn't see "haven't" and I was thinking she can eat all those things without dumping?? I can't say I've ever tried fruitcake, but its probably not a good time to start liking it now! I love when people post their menu, it makes me remember foods I haven't had in a while or to try new things that Marcher's post! I miss your spinach madeline, perfect idea for the package of spinach in the fridge
jannineh99
on 10/26/07 7:39 am - Melrose, MA
Lauren...do you have a copy of the recipe for Spinach Madeline with Sauteed Mushrooms? that has peaked my interest. sounds yummy... Jannine
Lauren003
on 10/26/07 9:09 am - , NC
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5772/spinmad.htm Jannine, this is basically the recipe that I use. I use Velveeta instead of the Jalapeno cheese (but add some red pepper flake), celery seed instead of celery salt, 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic instead of powdered and saute the garlic and sliced mushrooms with double the onions. The "spinach juice" is the liquid that is left after the spinach cooks (before everything is assembled). It tastes even better the next day and freezes well. Play with it a little! It's awesome as a dip or by itself.
~ Stylz ~
on 10/29/07 12:52 am - North of Boston, MA
I made my spinach madeline this weekend I love adding fresh garlic, but never thought about mushrooms I'll have to do that next time! I had a block of muenster cheese in the freezer so I used that and added some pepper flakes too thanks again for posting the recipe way back when its a great way to get some veggies in with protein
BabyRuth2u
on 10/26/07 5:04 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Today I have been trying an adjusted version of the 5 day Pouch test that I've seen going on at the WLS Graduates board. I think at this point all liquids is just not realistic. I tried it once a few months back and just got headaches and wasn't happy! LOL So I decided to do the rest in as far as protein only in small amounts 4-6 ounces it states as many times during the day that you need to. Eat only for 15 minutes and no drinking 30 minutes before or after. Not going bad, except for the box of Godiva chocolates that was in the lunchroom earlier, and the candy over on the other girls desk and being asked to go out to lunch. LOL I resisted any temptation though, I said to myself "No, you are stronger than that candy. You can do this today!" Breakfast: 4 oz. of tuna mixed with a little LF cottage cheese to moisten it. Mid morning: 1 hardboiled egg Lunch: 1 Boca Burger (100 calories, good protein!), 1/4 c. chili I had left from yesterday. Mid afternoon: (currently enjoying) 4 oz of the tuna mix and 1 hard egg. Dinner: Probably cottage cheese. And I've gotten in 32 oz of water so far, which is great for me. I've really been slacking on water. Have a great weekend!
~ Stylz ~
on 10/29/07 12:50 am - North of Boston, MA
Ruth how is the pouch test going? I'm glad you adjusted it to your needs. those tests/crash diets made by post-ops make me nervous! hope all is well
BabyRuth2u
on 10/29/07 6:33 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, it went really good the day I did it. Saturday we had company for a small Halloween party for a friends kids, so it was kind of hard to not have different things and didn't do it yet again. I do plan on getting things prepared tonight to do it again. It was simple to do, everything made, ready to go and easy because there wasn't any choosing to do. I did have a drop on the scale immediately doing it also. So the protein only and the upping the water did what it's suppose to be doing. Which is what we are doing but don't always. I'll let you know in a few days. I want to go at it again with more days before the weekend comes around. The weekends are hard to keep on track. Thanks for asking!
BabyRuth2u
on 10/29/07 6:33 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, it went really good the day I did it. Saturday we had company for a small Halloween party for a friends kids, so it was kind of hard to not have different things and didn't do it yet again. I do plan on getting things prepared tonight to do it again. It was simple to do, everything made, ready to go and easy because there wasn't any choosing to do. I did have a drop on the scale immediately doing it also. So the protein only and the upping the water did what it's suppose to be doing. Which is what we are doing but don't always. I'll let you know in a few days. I want to go at it again with more days before the weekend comes around. The weekends are hard to keep on track. Thanks for asking!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views