3nd stop on our walk.....

~ Stylz ~
on 10/24/07 3:00 pm - North of Boston, MA
A comfy Village called little Hazel Crest Illinois! http://www.villageofhazelcrest.com/Index.html Population is just over 14,000, its the Birthplace of Steven Winding (College basketball player for Robert Morris Colonials). Theres no big companies in our little village, just a quaint little library to visit http://www.grandeprairie.org/ Theres also 6 parks (Wolf Park, Lions Field, Oak Hill Park, Cherrywood Park, Stone Hollow Park and Hillcrest Park) for anyone that wants to check out the sites or get more walking in This area is considered part of "Chicago Southland", http://www.visitchicagosouthland.com/index.cfm We're less than 30 minutes from Chicago, anyone up for a show, shopping and lots of walking on the Magnificent Mile? you know I am!! http://www.themagnificentmile.com/ hopefully our next stop will have some pictures for us to enjoy enjoy the scenery and relaxation, we'll be back on our way in no time
jennb40
on 10/24/07 8:27 pm - Nashua, NH
AHHHH...as Frank Sinatra sang: My kind of town, Chicago is My kind of town, Chicago is My kind of razzmatazz And it has, all that jazz I am up for shopping and a show! Thanks for doing this STYLZ....we have a lot to do this week if we are going to get to California. Maybe we are all slowing down because we don't want to walk towards the fires. God Bless those people in California and hopefully the fires will burn out quickly. Barbara
~ Stylz ~
on 10/25/07 3:16 am - North of Boston, MA
shopping! lets leave now!! lol my thoughts are with all our Cali Marchers, hope all is well and you're safe!
Rick A.
on 10/25/07 1:44 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, I'm glad we are almost to Chicago. I started tracking my walking almost 15 months ago and guess what, I have walked to Chicago. So while I didn't do it in a month. I did get there to meet with the rest of you. Thanks for keeping track of us. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/25/07 3:14 am - North of Boston, MA
way to go Rick are you going to venture with Barbara and I on our shopping excursion or are you sitting this one out and enjoying the sites?
Rick A.
on 10/25/07 3:50 am - Far Northern, CA
I'm not much of a shopper, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing the sites. I hear it can get a bit windy there. I better bundle up. Rick
Laura A.
on 10/25/07 4:31 am - Manteca, CA
Thanks for letting us know where we are..... I'm always up for shopping, whether it be window shopping or buying shopping. For a little town they sure have lots of parks... While we're in Chicago, anyone want to see if we can get tickets to the Oprah show? I should look to see what stage productions are playing now...... I am also praying for all those SoCal people....our news said this morning that more than 1500 (yes, that many) homes have been destroyed in the San Diego area. I can only imagine the devistation!!! They are also reporting about all the displaced wildlife now that so much open land has burned. These fires are just upsetting the whole ecological balance thing now. The news has said a couple of the Los Angeles area fires were arson fires.... I can only hope these madpersons are caught and get the help they need!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/28/07 12:44 am - My Town, NH
I absolutely adore Chicago! It's a great town for sightseeing. Our little town we've stopped in is very quaint and it's great that it's so close to a large city. I'm always up for a show. Last time I was in Chicago, I saw "Wicked". It was amazing! I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys musicals. I believe they have a huge touring company so maybe it will show up near you soon. I know it's been in Boston recently. Great fun! Thanks for letting us know where we've stopped to rest. I can't wait to see where we end up next week. We may not make it to Rebeka's living room, but it's been fun to walk together nonetheless! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views