Roll Call! Post your progress!

peggy5681
on 10/24/07 3:03 am - monroe, MI
Lurker here also. Starting..278 current..135 total loss..143 I am 42 yrs old and 5"7 and started in a sz 24 and now I am in a small top and 2-4 bottom. My struggles are not the same but struggles none the less... I feel like I am to thin and I wish the infamous bounce back would happen already.... I feel like I eat all day. This is why I don't post but read the boards daily.. I don't want to make anyone feel bad about my struggles compared to theirs...getting to goal and gaining ect... I believe we must adapt to the thinking of normal people and enjoy life without deprivation but in moderation and I also live by the saying, Just because I can doesn't mean I should.. thanks for the post ...pegggy
Lauren003
on 10/24/07 6:32 am - , NC
You're a 135er like Laura! It's okay to come to us with any struggles you have. That's the beauty of this group! We're all trying to become healthier whether it's losing weight or gaining and your trials are no less than mine. Just different XOXO
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/24/07 9:43 am - My Town, NH
Great to hear from you! You've lost a tremendous amount of weight. Way to go! My numbers: Starting weight: 350 Date of surgery: 316 Today: 207 Total loss: 143 I've been hanging at 207 forever. But at least it's not going up! I wear a size 16 pants and dress and either a large or extra large top. I'd still love to see my dream size of 12 but if that's not meant to be, I'm okay. I have plastic surgery scheduled for November 2nd and we'll see what that brings. Congratulations on all of your success. I believe that I will struggle for the rest of my life to stay committed to watching what I eat and trying to exercise. It's a constant battle but I'm happy to be healthier and wiser about how to stay healthy! Hugs, Stephanie
Lauren003
on 10/25/07 1:22 am - , NC
I'm kind of with you, I'd love to be around a size 12 but if it's not in the cards it's okay with me. I'm excited that you get to have plastics soon! The 2nd?! OMGoodness! Are you getting your tummy done? Or arms?
BelindaOBX
on 10/24/07 10:05 am - Mount Gilead, NC
5'6" starting weight 289, size 28 surgery weight 261 pre plastic surgery weight 170, size 14 current weight (4weeks post-op anchor TT) 159 size 10 will probably go down another size when the swelling is gone total loss 130 pounds I am totatlly thrilled with my progress. I feel great. The RNY and TT were the 2 best things I have done for myself. Belinda
Lauren003
on 10/25/07 1:19 am - , NC
Oh! You've had an anchor TT? Have you talked about it in another thread? How was your experience? Was it as painful as you imagined? I hope to have one some day but I'm super scared. I'm relieved that you're so thrilled with your results. It makes me a bit less anxious.
BelindaOBX
on 10/25/07 10:30 am - Mount Gilead, NC
I havn't posted about here. I am mostly a lurker with a smattering of posts. I have pics on my profile if you want to take a peak. 10 days post-op This procedure was not nearly has painful as I imagined. I think it may have been easier than the RNY. Most likely because I am in much better shape now. I only took pain meds until the drains came out about 8 days. I had made up my mind that I would do it no matter what and really got nervous leading up to it. My back hurt from being hunched over. I slept in a recliner for 10 days. The PS removed 11.5 pounds from my middle. There was just no way to hide that. On a bad day, I feel normal for the first time in about 20 years. On a good day, I feel hot for the first time ever.. Didn't know what I had in my youth. Belinda
Lauren003
on 10/26/07 2:36 am - , NC
Belinda, you look fantastic!! 11 1/2 pounds? That's incredible! And easier than the RNY, amazing. Fear can be very controlling but you stared it in the face and look at you now!
BelindaOBX
on 10/26/07 8:46 am - Mount Gilead, NC
Thank you! All the time planning and worrying. Hard to beleive its been 4 weeks already. B
BabyRuth2u
on 10/24/07 10:53 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi LuLu, Struggling? Yes, weightloss not necessarily, just emotionally. I don't know if it's from the weightloss or if it's early change of life! LOL I have just been up and down so much the past few weeks, been longer just getting more often. I feel like a YoYo. DH keeps telling me I should see the doc. It doesn't last long, I'm just tired of it happening. Anyways.. I did reach under 170 which was my goal. Made it to 169 twice. Since the last time there I have been bouncing from 170 to 174. I am currently at 171. Other than not exercising hardly like I should be, with the exception of walking, nothing much has changed foodwise. I think I eat fine, but it's apprarently not good enough to LOSE more. I feel like I am in maintenance the past few months. It took me so long to get in this weight range and now it doesn't want to budge. I wonder if this is it. I don't believe it it. I feel there is a way out there that I'll somehow accomplish another 10 to 15 lbs. It's strange I can't really say what weight I want to be. I think if I could just get in the low 160's. But you know what? I don't think that will satisfy me. It's still too much. Isn't it? Then I think in the 150's will be good. But 150 is a lot of weight, isn't it? I think I need to not compare our bodies to a 'normal' persons. I have heard that we will look smaller than what we way because our bones are heavier, if we've been heavy always. Right now though if I could get mid to low 160's I think that would be cool. I guess because I'm so short the weight makes me fatter. I hate that I have to buy a 16 suit jacket because of my chest, which isnt really there, its all the extra crap. So it makes it hard for me on tops. I can get into some larges, but mostly XL as a norm now with exception of suit jackets. The thing is I have to buy separates because I am easily in a 14 pant and do have 2 pair of 12 and 12 skirts. I want to even out!!! LOL So here are my stats. Start Weight at first visit: 350 lbs Surgery weight: 325 lbs Current weight: 171 Total loss: 179 lbs Started with 32/34 tops Pants: 30w, maybe a 28 depending on make Shoes size 10 current shoes 8.5 to 9..5 Ring size from 10 to 6.5 - 7 Bra size 56DD to 38 or 40 DD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views