The person in the mirror.

Rick A.
on 10/23/07 1:48 pm - Far Northern, CA
Do you like the person who is looking back at you in the mirror? We have all changed our physical appearance. Are you satisfied with what is looking back at you in the mirror? If not, what are you willing to do to change it? Some have chosen plastic surgery. I applaud that decision. There are some things that we are not able to change about our looks. If you are able to achieve the results you want with the assistance of a medical professional, I say go for it. If you are able to sculpt your body through exercise, find the best person to give you the educations and instruction you need to achieve the results you want. You will have to work at it, but if it is really what you want you will find a way to make it happen. The other option we have is to be happy with what we have achieved and live with the physical changes our bodies have transformed into. For now I have chosen the latter. I am content with my appearance. I will never be a fashion model. I will never be Atlas. Something I am and I treasure is that I am HAPPY. I hope you are happy with the person in your mirror. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 10/23/07 6:58 pm - Nashua, NH
Good morning Rick - I am happy...the person in the mirror is NOT the young shapely girl I was at 20....the boobs aren't perky anymore. the tummy has some rolls still, above the knees sorta look like a wrinkled elephant, there are wings flying around under my arms, my double chin left and moved to my neck....but DANG it....I am happy! I LOVE the healthy me....and I will LOVE the yet smaller me when I finally get to my goal. I am not sure if at my age (not that I am ready for the cemetary!) I want to go through the plastic surgery - but I can live with the wrinkles and saggy boobs and funny looking neck and wiggly tummy - because my cholesterol is way normal as is my blood pressure and my blood sugar levels. I thank God I am not having to go through what Laura A is going through and pray for her recovery every day. So I too do not plan to model bikinis and I to treasure my life and my happiness. So this morning I salute the mirror and see HEALTH!!!! Barb
Rick A.
on 10/24/07 2:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thank you for your positive attitude. It is a gift to be happy with ones self. You have come a long way. I think acceptance of where we are in life is one of the greatest benefits of maturity. I think we can all wear this flapping skin with pride. We earned it. Have a great day, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/23/07 7:49 pm - My Town, NH
Morning! I am happy with the person that I am. That's more to do with the me on the inside than the me on the outside. I will never, ever be perfect on the outside. Regardless of how much working out I do or how much skin is cut off of me. I will always have the body of a former super morbidly obese person. That's just my reality. I'm learning to live with that reality. I will have some excess skin removed which will enable me to exercise more easily and be less self conscious about my arms, breasts, and abdomen. I'll probably never be able to wear shorts. My thighs are just too gruesome. But I can, and do, wear capris. I'll wear short-sleeved shirts next summer regardless of the scars. And, over time, I will learn to be comfortable with the body that I have now. It may never be even close to perfect, but it's certainly MUCH healthier than it was before March 2006. I'm also grateful that it functions. I have the use of all of my limbs and my organs work well. I'll take it! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 10/24/07 2:54 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, You have done great. None of us are perfect. I'm not even sure I have ever strived for "perfect", maybe I should. I'm glad you are happier with your new healthier body. I know I am greatful for mine. Enjoy your vacation. Rick
miminjoey
on 10/23/07 9:34 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
looking in the mirror from the waist up I love what I see...with clothes on...without...yikes...but I can live with it...who sees me naked anyway?? Now from the hips down??? It breaks my heart if I have to walk past a full length mirror... I have lost inches everywhere but in my legs...I know I have adema (sp?) but man oh man...if it were not for my legs I would be in a 6 in everything, but because they are so huge I have to wear 8's..even some 10's depending on the cut. The sad thing is, I can't do anything about it...I was born with these legs...even way back when when I was skinny and was on the swim team in school...I had big legs...it's a Hodge thing. I wish I would not be happy with what I see...maybe then I would be pushed to work out more...but I like me...saggy skin and all
Rick A.
on 10/24/07 3:11 am - Far Northern, CA
Mimi, I'm glad you like you. I'm sure most people like you also. You have such an outgoing personality. Thank God very few people ever see me without the benefit of clothing. It would make a grotesque halloween costume. Oh well, like you said with clothes on and from the face up I can deal with it. Have a great day, Rick
luckycat1
on 10/24/07 12:35 am - Cincinnati, OH
so days I am happy with what I see then other days I am not. Also part of me wants plastic surgery on my arms but the other part of me does not (I really do not want to see another hospital for awhile). hopefully I will begin to like what I see everyday. mj
Rick A.
on 10/24/07 3:18 am - Far Northern, CA
MJ, You have made such great progress. I think it takes awhile for our minds to accept where we are. I hope you have better health in your future. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/25/07 2:20 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm with everyone else... In clothes I love my look.. without.... (and not in a good way lol) I'm more confident in myself because I've lost a lot of weight, but to see a stomach buldge or flabby arms just brings me down. Plastics will be my option in the future and I'm excited about getting it done!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views