MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 10/21/07 8:34 pm - Nashua, NH
Some folks go through life pleased that the glass is half-full. Others spend a lifetime lamenting that it's half-empty. The truth is: There is a glass with a certain volume of liquid in it. From there, it's up to you!......Dr. James S. Vuocolo Which are you? The half-full or the half-empty? I think we were half-full when we lost our initial huge weight amounts and perhaps we think it is half-empty now because - yes we have had 1/2 the glass, but we still have a little more to go to fini**** up. But at the end of the day - there is volume left in the glass and we MARCHers going to goal - need to finish up the glass! This is a new week - a new day - make some good choices today. If you aren't really losing weight - I think you know why. You may not be making good food choices, you may not be drinking enough water, you may not be exercising. Of our golden 4 I don't think not taking your vitamins is going to make the glass half-full or half-empty, BUT you certainly are going to need them now and when you get to goal and FOREVER. So MARCHers - please make good choices today. Let's get this done - we have the tool, unfortunately we have denial also - maybe I won't exercise today....just one cookie today won't matter, one snack size Snickers won't matter, not drinking enough water won't matter. Well guess what....WRONG!!!!! Get with it and let's finish this out together. We have about 5 1/2 months till our 2 year surgiversary....let's get to goal by then! Are you with me? What will you do today? Hugs to all....Barbara
luckycat1
on 10/21/07 11:44 pm - Cincinnati, OH
My biggest issue right now is water. I can not seem to get it in. Right now I should be drnking it while on the computer but am I-heck no! I am 5 pounds from my goal and I know if I drank more water I would lose that in no time. MJ
Rick A.
on 10/22/07 1:06 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I like your anology of the half full glass. At first we are so eager to start on our full glass. We savor the first few drinks. It filled a need we desperately wanted to fill. We were excited to lose the weight and it happened relatively easily and quickly. I think we also savor the bottom of the glass. We realize the drink is almost gone and we enjoy the last few swallows. So it is with the weight loss. We are so concentrated on those last few pounds that we savor each portion of a pound lost. The great difficulty seems to be the middle of the glass. We have worked through that initial excitement of the new drink. Sometimes we wished the glass was not as full as it was, we don't think we will ever get to the bottom. It is a struggle, but we must get to the bottom of the glass to attain our goals. As with our full glass, we can see the results as we go. It is so worth it. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views