We all make choices

Rick A.
on 10/21/07 1:37 pm - Far Northern, CA
So when you decided to make this life altering change to your body did you put enough thought into it? Were there any surprises? Were you prepared? Hopefully none of us went into this ill prepared. I have been surprised in some ways how my body has reacted to these changes. Most of the changes have been positive. Every now and then my body really lets me know who is in charge. Most of the time when I eat food that I shouldn't I really don't have any bad effects. Sometimes my body does give me signals that I have made a bad choice. My responsibility is to listen to what my body is trying to tell me and learn from the choices I have made. This last week I have had bad reactions to gummy bread and more cookies then I should have eaten. I haven't been sick, but my body let me know I made bad choices. Did I learn from this? I hope so. My program coordinator has a saying "if you always do what you have done, you will always get what you've got?" So are you doing the right things that will take you to where you are going? Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/24/07 11:48 am - North of Boston, MA
As with some fellow Marchers who have posted about their ups and downs, I too have gone up and down with the right choices. Theres weeks (even months in the early days) where I would be on the money every day. Now that we're further out, I find it easier to eat things I shouldn't or drink alcohol more often than I should.. Since we got back from the cruise theres been only 1 night out that I had a drink. I know its not something we should do often (my nutritionist says an occasional glass here and there is ok), but there were times I was drinking much too often. Another obsitcle I came across a few months ago was drinking a protein shake to get my protein in just so I was able to eat more carbs or junk foods. I knew if I drank a shake, I could have an extra handful of oyster crackers or a couple more pretzels or even a little more pasta than I'm use to.. My nutritionist clearly thinks I'm since everytime I do something like this (alcohol, shakes to eat carbs, not eating right, caffeine) I tell her. Its like I'm going in for confession She likes that I'm honest, I like that I can be truthful and get back on track!
Rick A.
on 10/24/07 12:10 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi, It's good that you have figured out some of these things. I'm glad you can be honest with your nutritionist. It sure makes their job eaiser when people are up front with them. I have pretty much been afraid of alcohol. I have had very little since surgery. I didn't really drink much prior to surgery either. The thought of losing control scares me and if it is easier now with my new plumbing, I'm not sure I want to go there. Thanks for your response. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views