MARCHers going to goal!

jennb40
on 10/18/07 8:52 pm - Nashua, NH
The fast pace of our lives makes it difficult for us to find grace in the present moment, and when the simple gifts at our fingertips cease to nourish us, we have a tendency to crave the sensational......Macrina Wiederkehr I am going to try to make this quote into something I was thinking about. Don't you wonder/wish that when they had done our WLS they had also taken the sense of taste from our tongues? My thinking is this - we MARCHers going to goal and those trying to maintain....don't you wish sometimes you didn't taste - thus desire? To relate this to my quote - perhaps it wasn't simple, but our gift of a tool (pouch) gave us the means by which not to eat so much. And since our fingertips could only bring us so much food - thereby ceasing to nourish us quite so abundantly to cause drastic weight loss.....perhaps now in our journey we crave the sensational...the bad carbs again, the grazing tendancies. I know it sounds like I have gone around the block in relating this quote to my desire to have my tastebuds taken away!!!! But you know - we can taste and we can taste "good" which may be a problem with our not getting to goal. For so long we used food I suspect as a comfort for many different things - it tasted GOOD and therefore we over indulged. Sometimes at this struggle to get to goal I wish a 2nd part of this surgery would be to take your taste buds out so you only ate to live not live to eat? Anybody ever think this way?!!!! So for the weekend - since we do still have our tastebuds....please make the good choices with food - protein first, first, first. Drink your water, take your vitamins, and please walk on our journey across America so we have good mileage reports on Monday! Have a fun weekend MARCHers - hugs to all....Barbara
Rick A.
on 10/19/07 12:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I look at this a different way. I still have the advantage of tasting the food and savoring it, but it takes much less for me to feel satisfied. After I first had the surgery, I thought I wish I didn't have to eat food. It would have been so much easier. That changed. I enjoy food again. I just don't eat the quanity that I used to. I still have head issues. There are times when my head really wants one more bite of this or that but my stomach wouldn't tolerate it. I also think that now I take the time to really taste the food. Thank you for your post. Have a great weekend, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views