2nd stop on our walk.....

~ Stylz ~
on 10/18/07 10:32 am - North of Boston, MA
We've arrived in Fremont Ohio http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/9234421/16931981/284023092.jpg Its a bigger city than we last rested in, the population is 17,375 people. Its the birthplace of Charles Woodson - 2005 NFL player for the Oakland Raiders and Tim Anderson - 2005 NFL player for the Buffalo Bills. The largest business in Fremont is CROGHAN BANCSHARES INC (STATE COMMERCIAL BANKS). Our 19th President Rutherford B. Hayes lived here in this home, http://pics3.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles19120.jpg Any history buffs here with us can check out the Rutherford B. Hayes visitors center while we're here http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/ Since its late in the week, we'll only be here a few days before our next journey begins, enjoy it while you can
Rick A.
on 10/18/07 11:17 am - Far Northern, CA
We're on our way. Maybe it's good we're slowing down a bit, we can enjoy the sites? Thanks for tracking us. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/20/07 8:31 am - North of Boston, MA
sure is! The sights here in Massachusetts right now are so beautiful. The foliage is out in full bloom, I'll be sure to take pictures for Barbara's slide show hope you're having a good weekend.
jennb40
on 10/18/07 8:56 pm - Nashua, NH
AHHHH MARCHers - I am enjoying resting here in Fremont, OH and the sites are beautiful...BUT we have to get along a little further across America! Who will help us out - you still have Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let's log some miles MARCHers - it is going to be hopefully a beautiful fall weekend - lots of gorgeous trees turning color -what better time to take a walk! I have lovely pictures from Rick and Jannine to add to our photo diary...take some photos this weekend and email them to me: [email protected]!!!! Thanks STYLZ for mapping us out! You are doing a great job! Barbara
miminjoey
on 10/18/07 9:31 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
good thing we stopped....all the tornadoes flying around...hate for one of us skinny minnies to fly away!
BigOleTriGuy
on 10/20/07 5:46 am - Alexandria, LA
Hey there guys. Sorry Im MiA, I have been down with an extended flu bug that really kicked my rear. I have no sickness in last couple years and this was somewhat overwhelming how bad my body ached. Im feeling more like old self again but have few miles to report last week and the current week are less as well. Ill report both weeks on Monday and have a good large goal to end the last 10 days of the month. Hope everyone is doing well and you can expect ot see me daily again as my body and my energy have both gotten back to workable status. bigoletriguy e
~ Stylz ~
on 10/20/07 8:40 am - North of Boston, MA
ahh so you're the culprit! I knew it had to be one of us trouble making Marchers that gave me the flu! I was out for the count 3 days with the flu, the first time I've been sick since being a post-op and wow did it knock me out! Yesterday I think I slept all but 4 hours of the day. It must have helped because I woke up today feeling much better. Get your rest and feel better soon ps- We'll add your totals to the current week when you post them, everyones miles help!
~ Stylz ~
on 10/20/07 8:35 am - North of Boston, MA
I was hearing about those tornados, we all better hold on tight so we don't fly away!! Take cover when you see the house from the Wizard of OZ fly by
~ Stylz ~
on 10/20/07 8:33 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm feeling so much better than I have over the past couple days and am contributing to our walk this weekend, 3 small walks today with rest in between. Its such a beautiful weekend, theres no way I can sit in the house and waste it! hope all is well surgery buddy!
Laura A.
on 10/21/07 1:34 am - Manteca, CA
What a cute little town.....and right up my alley with all it's historical sites. I love seeing things like this. I think while we're here, I would have liked to have tea at the Rutherford mansion but I see they're all sold out. And we'll be long gone by the middle of December when they have the Christmas tea. The women in my family get together for tea during the holidays and I've always enjoyed it very much. When my cousin got married last summer, we did a tea bridal shower for his fiancee at a little tea shop in Benicia. It was beautiful. Can't wait to see where we are next week....and what we'll be seeing!!! Thanks for doing this, Stylz!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views