SF Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe

Beckers
on 10/15/07 1:41 am - Cottage Grove, OR
First recipe is regular cheesecake, and below is the pumpkin variation of it... SF(Sugar Free)/Almost NF (Non Fat) New York Cheesecake (adapted from a recipe given to me by Donna M. in my support group) 1 lb. NF or LF ricotta cheese (16 oz.) 1 lb. NF Philadelphia Cream Cheese (2- 8 oz. packages) 1 ½ cups Splenda 4 eggs (or Egg Beaters) Juice of half a lemon 1 teaspoon Vanilla 3 tablespoons cornstarch 3 tablespoons flour ¼ cup butter/margarine (adds to fat, sorry) 1 pint fat free sour cream Blend cream cheese and ricotta with an electric mixer. Add Splenda gradually. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add lemon, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and butter. Blend until smooth. Then fold in sour cream. Spray nonstick cooking spray in a 9 inch spring foam pan/ pie plate (I use a round baking dish because this mixture is always too much for a pie plate. This is a deep dish cheesecake). Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Check the middle of the cheesecake with a toothpick or knife to see if it comes out wet. If wet, bake longer, until toothpick/knife comes out clean. Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand another hour. Then refrigerate several hours before serving it cold. CRUST: I often bake this without a crust, which is just as good, with a SF fruit topping over it However, if you want a low-carb cheesecake crust, use NUTS of any type. Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, whatever. (Make crust BEFORE the cheesecake) Here's how: Use 1½ cups of nuts. Grind your nuts in a food processor or your Magic Bullet, to a medium-fine texture. Add about 3 tablespoons of melted butter. For extra protein, you can add unflavored or vanilla protein powder. Add about 1 teaspoon of Splenda (optional, depending on protein sweetness, if protein was used). Spray pie plate/spring foam pan w/ nonstick cooking spray and press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 12-15 min or until lightly browned, and let it cool while you make the cheesecake filling. Here's a holiday variation: Pumpkin Cheesecake!! Use the above recipe (without the lemon juice, and using only 8 oz. of ricotta cheese). Add 1 can (15 oz.) of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling). Add ¼ cup Splenda brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon ground clove. (Or use pumpkin pie spice) Blend this with the above cheesecake filling (or make separate bowls and swirl together in the pan for a "Pumpkin Swirl" cake). For the crust, I use pecans, since pecans seem to go well with pumpkin.
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/15/07 2:49 am - My Town, NH
These sound delish! I love cheesecake and I love pumpkin. What's not to love about pumpkin cheesecake??? Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Stephanie
luckycat1
on 10/15/07 4:37 am - Cincinnati, OH
Ditto, I love pumpkin anything. I was hoping someone was going to post a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake since I lost the one from last year. mj
~ Stylz ~
on 10/20/07 11:15 am - North of Boston, MA
mmmmm cheesecakeeeee thanks for the recipe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!