ROLL CALL: WALKERS WEEK 2

~ Stylz ~
on 10/15/07 1:04 am - North of Boston, MA
Some of those airports are big just walking to the terminal could be a mile I remember when I went to vegas with my mom and sister, my sister was in front navigating and we walked a complete circle to the gate instead of just cutting through one of the side hallways.. oh well, extra exercise
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/15/07 2:37 am - My Town, NH
Hi everyone! I walked 38 miles last week. Not surprising with all of my event walking around campus this weekend. More events this week and weekend. This is one of my busiest weeks of the year. I'm tired already! I may not be on the boards much this week but I am with you in spirit, I promise! Hugs, Stephanie Way to go Marchers!
Laura A.
on 10/15/07 8:21 am - Manteca, CA
This was not a good walking week for me......chemo effects were in full swing by last Sunday night, so I had several days on the couch sleeping and watching TV. I went to Natural Bridges State Park in Santa Cruz yesterday for the annual Monarch Butterfly Festival. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the festival was lots of fun. And yes, there were millions of Monarchs out and about. What an amazing sight!!!! When I can figure out how to do it, I'll send Barbara some pictures. I had 11.5 miles for the whole week...... Janine makes me tired just thinking about her 80 miles......you GO girl!!!!!
miminjoey
on 10/15/07 9:40 am - Fort Bragg, NC
i did a bit better this week got 4.5 monday 4.5 tuesday 2.5 wed 8 thursday 2 friday 1 saturday for a total of 22.5 (this is just my excersize...i still don't have one of those step counters)
BabyRuth2u
on 10/15/07 10:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Count me for 10 recorded miles this past week. I can only count what I kjnow I did in addition to regular walking during the day. What type of step counter do you all have? I have in the past bought "cheap" pedometers, and they are exactly as they name implies, "CHEAP" so never kept accurate count. I don't mind spending a few dollars, but want to be sure it's going to work! Barb, if you see this, what is the one you have? How much was it approximately if you dont mind saying. I know I take a lot of steps and it would be cool to know. Thanks!
jennb40
on 10/15/07 8:29 pm - Nashua, NH
http://www.omronhealthcare.com/enTouchCMS/app/viewDocument?docID=4233 Here is the link to the one I am using. Rebeka A. put me on to the OMRON pedometers. The first one I bought was rectangular and "pinched" my stomach. Then our surgeon's office started selling these shown above and the nice round shape doesn't pinch me! I gave the first one to my hubby. I have found OMRON pedometers to be fairly accurate. I clocked a mile with my car and then walked it with the pedometer and it was very accurate. This one you set your weight and height. The other one was a little harder to set because you had to measure your gait and then calculate.....yadda, yadda, yadda!!! Our surgeons office is selling them for $15. I am going by there tomorrow to get one for a friend of mine and if you want me to get you one - send me your address to my email and I will get one for you. ([email protected]) Barb
jannineh99
on 10/16/07 5:27 am - Melrose, MA
Hey Ruth Ann, I use the Omron HJ-112 and I bought it on amazon for 19.95...and it is very accurate...I am thinking of buying my hubby and son one as well as my BF she is my workout buddy so I may treat her....but the Omron is really good...so good luck... Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 10/16/07 11:44 am - North of Boston, MA
anyone else contributing for the week? I'll make the map tomorrow, add your numbers, if its later than tomorrow I'll add them to next week . help the cause Marchers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views