ROLL CALL: WALKERS WEEK 2

~ Stylz ~
on 10/14/07 11:42 am - North of Boston, MA
Another week over and moving across the map! How did everyone do this week? My miles are high for the week (32 miles). The second bike ride Monday before leaving the cape. We had a nice ride yesterday and got a good walk in today, walking during the week wasn't the greatest at work because of the rain on and off, but I hope to change that this week. I'm going to bring my camera and take pictures of my walk at work. Don't forget to check in if you agreed (or didn't and want to contribute) to help us walk across the US!! Even if you had a bad week with exercise, remember walking from your car to your desk, your desk to the bathroom or your sofa to the fridge counts! Add those miles up and post em' Barbara, Rick, Mimi, Stephanie, Laura A, Ruth Ann, Emile, Jannine and One Life hope you had an enjoyable week and were able to enjoy adding miles to your pedometers Di De, Emily, Kim R and Rebecca M you didn't post your miles for us last week. We're not giving up on you guys!
jannineh99
on 10/14/07 11:52 am - Melrose, MA
Ok here I am I am getting ready to hit the bed...exhausting week I have had...I have logged 80 miles...although I love the added miles..the only reason they were so high this week is because my car broke down and I did not have it to cart my happy self around...and on Thursday and Friday I did 3 straight hours of cleaning in my house each day and according to the chart for every 20min of house cleaning it is equal to one mile.. and on Saturday I was at my church for work day...and spent 4 hours cleaning that house...vaccuming, cleaning kitchen, ect...so that is how I accumulated my hours...I hope these are acceptable forms of exercise..because let me tell you I am feeling it in places that have not felt like that in years....I hope everyone has a great weekend... Love Jannine
~ Stylz ~
on 10/14/07 1:17 pm - North of Boston, MA
great job Jannine!! I wish I had your cleaning will power!
Rick A.
on 10/14/07 1:20 pm - Far Northern, CA
Janine, You don't have to walk all the way yourself. Man you are doing great. Don't tell my wife or she will be convincing me to clean the house to get in my mileage. You are doing great. Thanks for helping our totals grow. Have a great day, Rick
Rick A.
on 10/14/07 1:22 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, So far it has been a wonderful "walktober" Mild temperatures and not to much rain make for nice walking days. I logged in 34.5 miles of walking. I only count my actual walking miles. Maybe I better start cleaning the house? I'm anxious to see where we are at the end of this week. Thanks for keeping track of us. Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/15/07 1:02 am - North of Boston, MA
Whats the wife's email address Barbara and I have some pleasant words for her... Shes off the hook when it comes to house cleaning! Count all those miles Rick, I'm sure you get plenty of activity in daily other than miles. Maybe I can find an equivalency to counting trucks? I still love that!! You know I use to count my steps from my desk to the teachers desk when I would get in trouble at school. When I read that your mom would tell you to go out and count cars the first thing I thought about is when I counted steps! can you tell I was introuble a lot!!
Rick A.
on 10/15/07 1:13 am - Far Northern, CA
Thanks for my laugh for the day. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the trucks. Oh well, the cats out of the bag now. I told my wife about Jannine and all of her house work and she assured me that I do my share of the housework. I don't know though. The only steps I used to count were when they were on an incline and I used to hate them, no so much anymore. Have a great day, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 10/16/07 11:27 am - North of Boston, MA
Rick does your wife come on and read our boards too? Does she think we're as as we really are?? lol
Rick A.
on 10/16/07 12:43 pm - Far Northern, CA
Yes, she does occasionally read the posts and sometimes I ask her to preview my posts to make sure something doesn't sound to stupid or that I may offend someoe. Obviously she doesn't read all of them, because some silly comments have slipped out. NO she doesn't think we are all crazy, just me. Rick
jennb40
on 10/14/07 8:18 pm - Nashua, NH
Well, I didn't do as good this past week as the 1st week. I only got in 23 miles for the week. Last Sunday and Monday we were in TN and Monday was a travel day going through airports. Along with the yucky weather the first of the week, I didn't get in all my miles. BUT this week I am aiming for 35 miles. Thanks for keeping up with this SYTLZ - I can't wait to see where we are across the map after everybody posts!!! I know Jannine is right about the housework because on Saturday I did about 2 1/2 hours of house cleaning and my pedometer did accumulate about 3 miles...just walking around in my little house! And Rick - we are going to tell your wife how advantageous housework would be for your mileage!!!! (Think it might help her more!) Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views