Any one watch The Biggest Loser last night?

sparkles
on 10/3/07 2:54 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I did.. and was very sad to see Patty go.. (She was my favorite... SOOOO Beautiful!!!) One thing really .. and I mean REALLY hit home. Bob said to her, you are worth it.. and wanted to hear her say it.. she whispered.. he said louder.. and she couldn't say it.. I began thinking.. I don't know if I could say it.. how is it that we get in this mindset? Is it from years of thinking you aren't good enough because of our weight? Or is it a combination of weight, and media thoughts on overweight people.. I don't know. But I do know this... as hard as it is to admit, we are worth it! We are worth fighting for... Our happiness, its worth fighting for! Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Rick A.
on 10/3/07 5:43 am - Far Northern, CA
You bet we are worth it. We don't have to hide in the shadows anymore. Some of us may still have issues about self worth, but we are worth it. We are someone. Rick
sparkles
on 10/3/07 5:51 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I can't really say anything about that, but
jannineh99
on 10/3/07 6:09 am - Melrose, MA
We are worth it...!!!!!!!!
~ Stylz ~
on 10/3/07 10:18 am - North of Boston, MA
I haven't started watching it yet, but have it on tivo in the living room I've watched episodes in the past seasons and think its a great show, so motivational! My thoughts on the are we worth it question, absolutely!! Its taken a lot of courage to get where we are. Surgery was a big step for all of us and losing weight wasn't just clicking our heels and it was gone. We had to work at it just like people who didn't have surgery. It is sad how America instills that complex obese people have in their mindset. People are down right cruel and it makes obese people uncomfortable being out in public. I remember going to a Japanese restaurant with friends and not fitting in the booth. I sat in the booth with my arm pinched between my stomach and the table so no one could see I was wedged in there. I was so uncomfortable and embarassed. I never returned there because I was afraid to be in the same situation, not only wondering what my friends (who are all skinny), but what people around us were thinking... It was far from a good feeling. Start looking in the mirror and telling yourself you are worth it, because you are girl!! I put my before and after picture in a frame and constantly looked at the changes I've made to make me realize I am infact a better person than I use to be, more healthy, active, confident and overall happy with my accomplishments
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/3/07 11:48 pm - My Town, NH
Sometimes we have to say it out loud in order to teach ourselves to believe it. Ready? I AM WORTH IT! Hugs, Stephanie
sparkles
on 10/4/07 12:47 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I think we need T Shirts.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!