5 day pouch test

sparkles
on 10/2/07 1:55 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Has any one else heard of the 5 day pouch test? I have been subscribing to a mailing list called Living after WLS. Many people have been doing it, and have lost good amounts of weight trying it. You can read all about it here: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html I'm going to start it tomorrow. Some people have lost 10lbs or more in those 5 days. I'm going to start walking in the mornings and we'll see how it goes.. Wish me luck!!
~ Stylz ~
on 10/2/07 3:24 pm - North of Boston, MA
One Life, good luck with the pouch test, let us know how it goes my honest opinion on these post-op diets is... they scare me! Every "diet" i've found on the message boards has been generated by a post-op or a group of post-ops as a push to get back on track or lose a decent amount of weight in a short period of time. The pouch test seems to be from a freelance writer for the webpage. Is she a post op, I'm not sure, but anyone eating strictly protein for 5 days, go back to plenty of water and some or a lot of exercise is bound to lose something... Will it work, yes. Am I in your corner to restart your weight loss, of course!! Its just my honest opinion on these oh board diets I've mentioned here a few times that I've done the "fat smash diet" atleast 3 (maybe 4 now) times since surgery to get me back on track with eating and weight loss. Each time I've lost between 4 and 6 lbs in the 9 day phase 1 detox. The diet was writen by Dr. Ian Smith from Celebrity Fit Club and consists of a balanced food scale. I've talked to my nutritionist a few times about it and she said the only thing missing from this is meat and once the 9 days are over, by adding meat to your eating cycle it brings you to a balanced diet. You're allowed vegetables, complex carbohydrates, fruit and protein from beans, tofu or soy products (I'm not a tofu fan so I ate beans and frozen morning star farms products.. its only 9 days..) I didn't regain the weight after doing the 9 days because I continued staying with a balanced diet by adding meats back in. again, just my hmo
jennb40
on 10/2/07 8:44 pm - Nashua, NH
The 5 day pouch test I posted about a while back. Kaye Bailey developed it for WLS people who want to test the pouch and know it is still working. I think it is a good idea and I keep meaning to try it! I hope you keep up with your walking miles and check in with us and let us know. You have probably read the posts about our MARCHers and the October Walk-a-thon in a quest to collectively walk across America! If you haven't seen the posts just read back a few and catch up. We need and want you walking across America (on paper) with us! You are one of our most successful MARCHers and we hope you will join it! Good luck...Barb
sparkles
on 10/2/07 11:45 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
You are exactly right!! She has some great recipes... I've woke up with out the same zeal I had last night. Now I'm scared and kinda hungry... grrr. Its ok... its only 2 days of protein shakes...i'm trying to find my pedometer this morning.. been so long since I've used it... Oh... and get this... it hasn't rained here in like a month.. what does it do the day I want to walk... RAIN!!! LOL
RebekaA
on 10/5/07 1:47 am - Inland Empire, CA
5 pounds?! WOW! How wonderful! Keep up the walking! you are doing great!
sparkles
on 10/5/07 4:47 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Why Thank you!!!
miminjoey
on 10/2/07 9:35 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
well I don't know about the poch test by i did start barbs no carb diet yesterday I didn't get as many fluids in as I like but way more then I normally do and lots of protien...and got my walking/running in too ...I am not worried about loosing anymore weight...it's the carbs i HAVE to get out of my diet...if i don't in another month I'll be back on the fat track! Thankfully my sister is trying to get skinnier then me....can't let that happen LOL....so I have some healthy competition going on
sparkles
on 10/4/07 12:51 am - North Richland Hills, TX
You look soo freakin hot girl!!! I'm so proud of you!! Well, Day 1 of the pouch test is done, and before I started the scale said 243. This morning it read...... 238.5!!!!!! 4.5 lbs down!! YAY!! I am actually thinking about dragging out the liquids phase a few extra days. I even got up this morning and did another 1.77 miles walking around the neighborhood. I worked up quite a sweat, and let me tell you.. I feel sooo pumped right now!!! It's been a while since I've felt like this.
sparkles
on 10/5/07 12:34 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So I lost another half a pound, did a 1.5 mile walk this morning.. even though I really wanted to sleep, and I feel pretty good. I can eat again, so I had an omlet for breakfast. It had sausage, cheese and bell pepper in it. I topped it with Salsa.. Very yummy!! That brings my total to 5 lbs so far. Yay!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 11:10 pm - AZ
I am starting the pouch test today, I made 2 of the soups on her website and they are delicious.....you can have them on the liquid phase. I pureed mine to make sure they are only liquid....they are in the recipie seciion.. Hope all went well for you....Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views